Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

hi i also have shoulder pain...gasX strips that melt on ur tongue have been helping..my incision sites are very sore(hard to get in and out of bed, or up from chair)..get a tightening in my chest like i want to burp up air but it wont come out..telling everyone to ask me how i feel in a week...right now (had surgery on mon the 23rd) abit achy

Ok I called my dr, today because I am hungrey and feel like I could eat just about anything, when my dr put the band in he doesn't put anything in it so I have no restictions so I can eat they just say take it slow because of swelling but if I am hungrey my swelling must be gone so I can eat now I will go on the 12th to get my first fill and I will get 4cc so until then I can eat normal but now I won't over do it I have lost 15 lbs since surgery and want to keep it off. I would love to hear how some of you early month banders are doing and those who have had there first fills...:)

I was banded exactly 3 weeks ago. As of today, since surgery, I am down 31 pounds. I have to admit though, it's not been easy, but then again, I knew all along it wouldn't be.

My first fill is on 3/17, so needless to say, I have very little restriction at this time, but just because I physically CAN eat anything, doesn't mean I'm going to. I'm not even going to try. It defeats the purpose of everything I've done to get here.

I have been following my Dr's rules, which includes exercise and I've found that working the band as its meant to be worked give the best results.

Best of luck.

I have just 2 spots that hurt the port mainly I have over did it a couple of times, I am suposed to be on mushy stuff for 3 more weeks but my cousin whom had it done also her dr only had her on it a week then move to what she can tolerate I took the kido to chuck e cheese today and I ate off a slice of pizza I know it was bad a chewed really well and had no problem at all it actually made me feel good I have been so hungery I can't take it, but no more I don't want to CHEAT I need a fill soon I don't go until the 12th of march and I am only getting 2cc since we are going to dianey world the 19th of march she said do small so I can enjoy the trip so have any of u CHEATEd come on be honest I really feel like crap and hope to not do it again!!!:)

Wierd! I'm having my first fill the 13th of march and going to Disney on the 19th as well! Small world. I'll keep my eyes peeled for someone else eating ridiculously small amounts of food. LOL! Have a good time!

My doctor said I can eat whatever I'm comfortable with. Just chew it all up, and if you feel any discomfort not to eat that particular item anymore. I've had chicken tacos wrapped in lettuce (refried Beans, canned chicken, cheese & taco sauce), quiche, clam chowder, chicken salad, and snuck in a few Cookies. I'm down 16 lbs in the last 2 weeks, but it's slowed down alot. I'm definitely ready for a fill!

Got home yesterday after surgery on Tuesday. Thank God too, I could not stand that hospital any longer. IT was so dry there. I felt I could not breathe. My voice was even gone. I feel much better now that I am home. Still sore. Feels like I was kicked hard or did 1000 sit ups. Port site is pretty tender. Oxycodne really messed me up. I am not taking that unless I can't stand the pain. I will stick to liquid tylenol instead. So glad this part is over and I can get back to losing more weight now. I lost 9# on the liquid diet!

wuan---- where r u from I am in Arkansas I am so ready for a fill today was tough I ate a pb 7 j on wheat and then had a half a slice of pizza and taters for dinner then I ate 4 thin mint girl scout Cookies I way over did it and had no pain or anything I am counting down til my fill, I think tomorrow I am going to start back on liquids I can't eat like that anymore,,,

I so need a fill and fast I am hungrey all the time i do get full fast but I get hungrey again fast I ate 1/4 of a waffle and hashbrowns and sasauge for Breakfast and now I am snacking on dry cheerios. I don't get a fill til the 12th any suggestions:(

I'm 3 days postop and can't tolerate anything more than Clear Liquids. I was able to drink apple juice yesterday, had a popsicle today. My pain level has lessened quite a bit and the gas pains are gone. :wink:

Hi all,

1st angelia, when did u get banded? can i assume 2/13/09 is

your date?:smile:...lol. I was banded on 2/4/09 and just started eating food. :thumbup:i was to start on mushies on 2/25/09 but now since i can tolerate regular food that is what i have been eating. i could use a fill too, but my dr. wanted me to stay on liquids for 6 weeks to maximize my weight loss,:w00t:but i couldnt take it i was just too hungry :cursing:and my nutrionist stated i could eat soft foods.:lol: i initally lost 15 pounds :thumbup:but since i can eat reglar food i have gained back one pound :w00t:and i am thoughrouly disgusted.:wink: not sure when my dr will give me a fill, :blushing:but i dont see him again until 3/12/09. i feel great.:tt2: i have no soreness around the port which is just above my belly button, and my surgeon did a great job and i have 2 small scars from the surgery one just below my breaST BONE AND ONE INSIDE MY BELLY BUTTON THAT YOU CAN NOT SEE, IT LOOKS LIKE I NEVER HAD SURGERY.:thumbup: I AM GOING TO STILL FOLLOW JENNY CRaig until i get my fills, so i can minimize any weight gain if any at all and watch what it is that i am eating. i really fell good with the 15 pound weight loss. i am going to attend the lap band conference here in queens ny in hopes to learn new things and meet new people. i am coping...but i am hungry...lol.:o

I would probably keep with foods with as much Fiber as possible. Fiber is supposed to keep you full longer. Carbohydrates and fat will only add unwanted calories. I say eat as much as you want but of good foods not fatty, sweet or carb choices until you see your nutritionist.

I was banded on the 9th. I'm on stage 4...modified liquids. Actually I eat what I want except for raw veggies and fruit. I can't eat very much before I feel uncomfortable. That's good for me. I use to be able to eat TONS of food before I felt uncomfortable! I'm able to take my small pills without crushing so that helps. They were so gross. I'm all healed up nicely and I have no pain. My first fill will be in about 3 weeks. I lost 16 lbs. on my pre-op diet and I've lost another 17 since the operation. Two days before my surgery I cheated big time by having an "Angry Whopper" at Burger King. I couldn't help it...I was starving. But I guess it didn't hurt me any. I wish everyone lots of luck...the whole procedure was much less painful than I expected. I'm really glad I did it!

hi evryone..i was banded the 23rd and still having gas pain ...i have to be on liquid diet until march 9th and that seems pretty hard...hate the taste of all that artificial sweetener...i have not had a problem with drinking or yogurts but just getting sick of it ..i move to stage 3 and even though i cant wait to taste real food i am following the rules. it is important for the healing process...doesnt mean that i couldnt eat food...but i wont worked too hard for this whole procedure...i think we just have to get through until our fills then it will be easier

wuan---- where r u from I am in Arkansas I am so ready for a fill today was tough I ate a pb 7 j on wheat and then had a half a slice of pizza and taters for dinner then I ate 4 thin mint girl scout Cookies I way over did it and had no pain or anything I am counting down til my fill, I think tomorrow I am going to start back on liquids I can't eat like that anymore,,,

Hi Angelia! I'm from Florida. I'm ready for a fill too. I can pretty much eat what I want. Although my portions are smaller, I get hungry every 2-3 hours. I've lost 17 lbs since surgery, but I'm at somewhat of a stand still since eating real food. I've had to reign myself in a little bit so I can keep losing. Down another pound today. Yay!

I had my surgery on the 24th and I am also still having shoulder pain. My incision sites are tender but better. I have a very full feeling every time I try to drink...almost like I need to burp but cannot. I'm still on clear liquids and I'm starting to feel hungry again. Anyone have any suggestions or words of encouragement concerning the shoulder pain or full chest pain?

Sharon