Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

my insurance website has a list of options to click on once you sign in and there is a link that says "authorizations and approvals" so I just clicked there to see.

good luck i'm sending good thoughts your way!

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 5th. I've been on my pre-op diet for 4 days and have lost about 10 pounds. My insurance wouldn't cover the expenses so I'm a cash patient.

My diet isn't a liquid one...and let me tell you, after hearing/reading some of you who have to just do liquids for 2 weeks, I feel for you!!! :confused: I'm having a really hard time with the Protein Shakes tho! They are horrible!!! (Of course, this coming from someone who would love to drink nothing more than mt dew until it comes out of my pores!!)

Good luck to all of you Febs!!!!

ok finally found out to make my tickler , now the question is does it stay here all the time? to be banded 2/4/09:thumbup:

weight.png

Hi, I am getting banded on February 6!! Making the biggest change in the smallest month!!! whoooo hoooo!!!

weight.png

Edited by rdavidson71

G' mornin all!!

HOLY MOLY! I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar and about had a panic attack! One week from today I will be having my surgery! *gulp* :scared2:

My nerves are starting to get the best of me. I have never had surgery before.

I am pretty well prepared. I think. I have all my post-op "groceries" and have made lists of what I need to take to the hospital, and what I still need to get.

This seems completely surreal. I have read a few books on what to expect. Everything I read seems to contradict something else I have read. It is getting really frustrating.

Perhaps I have read too much!? :(

I have been sampling Protein Drinks all week. They are pretty gross, not gonna lie. There are a few, thankfully, I can choke down pretty easily. Especially with the recipes I found in one of my books.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Hugs,

I am getting banded Feb 3rd, preop appt 1/29, I weigh 190 ib,BMI is 28.9, need to loose 50 ibs

Edited by Jamiatu

Ok so my final appointment with the surgeon has been scheduled. It is friday, February 6th. I am excited. The authorization is still in process but they must feel pretty confident if they are to schedule me the last appointment right? God I hope it goes through!

I went to see my doc today only to find out that after I read their manual and started the liquid diet that was in the book, to find out that his partner is the only one that requires a pre-op diet, he does not. But, since I have already started it and am dropping lbs quickly I'm going to stay with it....Am I crazy or what>>>>>>I get banded Feb. 3rd wish me luck....

Jimmielou I too am to be banded on the 3rd and also on the pre-op diet. I'm loosing pretty good but mine in not strictly liquid. Let me tell you one thing.. me and the potty are meeting often. Not long now till we are on to bandland. Keep in touch. Tam

i've been on my pre-op diet for 3 weeks now, and today was my weekly weigh in day. i'm down a total of 8lbs and have another 7 to lose before my surgery in 3 weeks. i've been following the pre-op guidelines fairly strictly (after the first few hellish days), but today i just lost it. instead of having lean cuisine for dinner as i had planned, i made a cheesy lasagna and pretty much inhaled 3 massive pieces. i feel sick and totally disgusted with myself. the worst part was that i wasn't even hungry. i was still sort of full from my Protein Shake earlier in the day. ughhhh. i refuse to go on the scale again before next monday. i don't want to find out that i've gained. omg... what if i lose it again? crap crap crap...

i've been on my pre-op diet for 3 weeks now, and today was my weekly weigh in day. i'm down a total of 8lbs and have another 7 to lose before my surgery in 3 weeks. i've been following the pre-op guidelines fairly strictly (after the first few hellish days), but today i just lost it. instead of having lean cuisine for dinner as i had planned, i made a cheesy lasagna and pretty much inhaled 3 massive pieces. i feel sick and totally disgusted with myself. the worst part was that i wasn't even hungry. i was still sort of full from my Protein Shake earlier in the day. ughhhh. i refuse to go on the scale again before next monday. i don't want to find out that i've gained. omg... what if i lose it again? crap crap crap...

Hi Babe, please dont beat youself up, your doing great, its just a small set back, most of us would normally eat that without thinking twice, and look what your doing to improve your health in the long run. Start again its not even worth getting upset about. The reason we have put on excess weight is because we have eaten when we're not hungry, so hay guess what - your normal. Love and Hugs mmm

Hang in there Babe!

Just get right back on track and don't spend any more time beating yourself up about this! Let's face it, these pre-op diets are tough to stick to, because they rely on depriving yourself of almost everything. Haven't there been studies done that prove deprivation is not a successful approach, for the very reason that people cannot tolerate it and end up losing control? Please focus positively on the next few days, do better with eating and maybe increase your physical activity a bit to offset the extra calories.

I am a week into my pre-op diet, and sometimes I really struggle with it. Even though I am allowed to eat a limited amount of low-fat, low-sugar, low-carb foods, it is still a challenge to be as 'good' as I'd like to be.

Yesterday I got my approval letter from the insurance company, hooray! Like so many of you other Feb 09 bandsters, I am now even more excited and scared. I know this is going to be a good thing, just have to get over these months of prep and recovery, then on to a lifetime of health.

We can do this kids!!! :thumbup: