Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser South San Francisco

Hi,

I have now been with the program since orientation for 4 1/2 months and still do not have a medical, psych, or surgeon appointment how are the rest of you doing. Anyone else have a clue how to move more quickly through the system

Laurel

Have you called them to see where you are at in the process and when you can expect to have an appointment? That is crazy...makes me think they lost your info or forgot about you.

I'm sorry...that must be so frustrating for you.

I commented on your other post too, but have you been following the 1200 calorie diet or started the process to lose any pre-op weight? The good news is that if you're losing the weight, by the time you meet with the surgeon you could probably be at pre-op goal and the time from that appt to surgery could be very quick!

Yes I have been following my 1200 cal diet and will be at my pre-op goal weight when I see the surgeon on the 30th. They said I should probably have surgery within the next month. Now that I finally have a visit with the surgeon it is really getting exciting. I can hardly wait. I am reading the postings everywhere so I can see what to expect. Thanks for the support it really means a lot.

Laurel :huh2:

Christine, I see your surgery date is 4/6. Wanted to wish you good luck. I too am going through Kaiser SSFrancisco. I have my surgeon and psychiatry appts on April 21. Hoping for my banding date with the next two months. Can you tell me what to expect re the psych appt and surgeon appt?

Thanks Kathy! I'm getting really excited and have had butterflies in my tummy all day...probably because I was out shopping and buying all the stuff I'll need at and after surgery.

Both appts are pieces of cake, no need to stress about them! Your surgeon will talk to you about your reasons for having surgery and what kind of weight loss programs you've tried before. He'll probably have you lie back and feel your stomach to get an idea of your liver size and how fatty your stomach is. Then, he'll tell you how much you need to lose and what your surgery goal weight is, and then you can ask any questions you have. This appt was about 15 minutes long.

The psych eval was pretty quick and painless for me as I don't have any history of depression, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders (besides just eating too much, lol) and stuff like that. It was about 30 minutes long. They'll ask you lots of weird easy common sense questions to make sure you're mentaly fit (like what day is it, who is the president, what state to you live in) and then kinda weird questions like: Have you ever tried to blow up a building? Have you ever intentionally inflicted pain on another person? Do you have or have you ever had suicidal thoughts? Have you ever been admitted to a psychiatric facility either on your own or against your will?

You'll be weighed at both appts and then after that you'll just have to lose the weight and then go in for your case manager appt where you'll get your surgery date! YAY! It all goes pretty quick now, looking back. I had orientation 11/25 and will have surgery 4/6 so just about 4 1/2 months.

Good luck! Keep me posted!

Thanks Christine for the info. It was quite helpful. I seem to be going a little slower pace than you. I did orientation in October. It's ok, it has taken me this long to really know that this is the right thing for me to do. Please let me know how your surgery went.

I can't believe how frustrated I was when I started this thread. Finally the time is here. I have my surgery this Thursday 4/2 and I started the process on 8/30 so 7 months. Which is what they told us at the beginning I had just hoped that it would have gone quicker. Good luck to everyone who will soon be having their surgery. I will let you know how it went for me.

Laurel:thumbup:

Yay Laurel! I can't wait to hear all about it. Hopefully you're up and about enough to post your story before I go in on Monday the 6th. Good luck!

Hi Ladies sorry SSF is so slow:confused:

I had orientation Nov 4 reached goal by psych appt in december xmas eve infact;) then saw my surgeon around the 31st. Then my case manager was on vacation got to see her about a month out, then since i went to vegas had to wait till 3/31 for surgery so that was my big wait BUT it went fast,

Now im in the hospital room waiting for my dose of meds;P

SO happy for all of u! Feel free to c ome on the kaiser richmond thread we discuss everything!!! And there is a support group we all attend in sacto,

GOOD LUCK!

Nowadays it's Richmond with the long wait and SSF that's quick!

Heather you did good with the bump I found it!!!

Tina from Kaiser here............post op and a year out. Ups and downs. Coming her to see if we can get a thread rolling and to see how it is done in SSF.