Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about hunger pains.

I was just band on the 8th of this month. I am having these hunger pains (I think) and my belly is making a punch of nosies. How long does this last? I am hoping this will stop soon. Can someone tell me please.

Welcome to bandster hell. I am almost 3 weeks out and having hunger pains. The first week after is the worst- it slowly gets better. Not till your fills and resrtiction does it get more normal where you really feel full.

I was banded on 1/05 and I have a whole bunch of strange pains and noises... I don't think mine are hunger pains though. I have struggled with head hunger...I usually drink something and feel better. I am not looking forward to bandster hell. The noises definetly slowed but they come back occasionally...I think it was the gas from surgery leaving.

I will be banded on the 21st of this month, and wondering as I read your tracker of lost weight, YOU have lost 24 pounds in 5 days?? or did I read it incorrectly? NOt sure what to expect first week, but trying to prepare. Thanks for any insight

I've got a lot of the same going on but mine is all GAS. It won't come out no matter how much I walk. They say it will take 5-7 days. I can handle the soreness from the surgery but the gas pains make me feel like I'm having a heart attack. I've used Gas-X but nothing helps. Anyone found a good solution??:cool:

Try a heating pad on your left shoulder. I have always heard a heating pad makes it move out faster.

I never had any gas problems so I can't say whether it works or not.

I've got a lot of the same going on but mine is all GAS. It won't come out no matter how much I walk. They say it will take 5-7 days. I can handle the soreness from the surgery but the gas pains make me feel like I'm having a heart attack. I've used Gas-X but nothing helps. Anyone found a good solution??:coffee:

I don't have the gas pains like that at all. I am sorry you do. I used gas-x and heating pad plus walked. I am still passing gas but I am not hurting. My belly is just making all these nosies. B) I am glad to see you are back.:tongue2: How are you doing. I am fine. :wub: When do you go back to see Dr. Moran? I need to go on Tuesday at 9. So far I lost about 11 lbs but I don't know where it is at.

I will be banded on the 21st of this month, and wondering as I read your tracker of lost weight, YOU have lost 24 pounds in 5 days?? or did I read it incorrectly? NOt sure what to expect first week, but trying to prepare. Thanks for any insight

It includes my pre-op diet too.

Hello! I was banded on the 6th of January and still have those hunger pains. They suck I know :tongue2: I'm guessing they'll get less and less but it's worse then the gas or incision pain. Hang in there and let me know when yours stop so I know if I am "normal" :wub:

Haha! You guys crack me up! Mom got her band put in March 11th and she still has crazy noises occur! It's weird, though- hers arent coupled with hunger pangs. They're just... noises letting her know it's time to eat. I dont have the pain, but I have woken up from being so friggin hungry that I drove to Dennys for grits! LOL!

My tummy growls at me a lot but more when I need to eat. I think its gas and my tummy digesting. I call my tummy "the angry cat" because it growls loud and angry like. I walk it out a lot but doesnt always work.

My tummy growls at me a lot but more when I need to eat. I think its gas and my tummy digesting. I call my tummy "the angry cat" because it growls loud and angry like. I walk it out a lot but doesnt always work.

Hey BellaBean, You call your tummy the angry cat, I am calling my the two tigers fighting. I might change the name when they are tamed down.

I was banded 11/21, have had two fills, have 6 cc in a 10 cc band and still have hunger pain and lots of noises. Its a slow process getting back to center.