Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you believe this?

I understand how you feel about not risking your surgery, I'd feel the same way. I hope you are able, after the surgery, to provide a detailed account of this nurses behavior. If she did it so easily to you - she's probably done it before, and won't stop until someone makes sure she does.

I do worry that time will dilute this matter, and it's freshness give you a unique opportunity to pressure for changes in this area.

Right now I just wanna wait til I get my surgery done... Dont wanna do too much damage...

The only other thing is they didnt send any "health" info, just contacted my Dr that I hadnt seen yet and sent them the post and their opinion of me not going to be compliant...

She's not a Doctor, but has made a diagnosis of noncompliance for a treatment you haven't had yet. Her words could possibly sway this surgeon's decision from accepting your case to turning it down. She will have then caused a delay in treament for a life threatening condition called Morbid Obesity. She is not a psychologist, nor a psychiatrist, therefore she is not qualified to make a predetermined diagnosis of your mental status. IF you get denied or turned down by this place for any reason, I'd be getting a lawyer...shutting her down hard and fast... and as a bonus... a free band.

I agree with you,, I am just afraid since she has been at this Hospital since 1981, and is Head of the bariatric unit, that she could make my life living hell while there, or at least not so nice. I have the director of nursing on my side right now, and she seems to be nice, so for now, I will wait. I also want a formal appology from this nurse. I have a pretty good memory so I will be able to account for what happened as well as the emails she sent me etc.. and of course it is on the board.....

Thanks for all of y our support this board is sooo awesome....a great bunch of losers-- weight loss ones that is,,, (its a joke-pun)

I was on a few other boards as well and found that there were alot of people out there moderating that are VERY rude. There are also alot of people that instead of just sharing an opinion, flat out tell you that you are wrong and they are right.

I would SO bust that woman on HIPPA violation. I am a nurse and wouldn't dare do such a thing. Although I can see why you would want to wait until you are treated.

I have a pretty good memory so I will be able to account for what happened as well as the emails she sent me etc.. and of course it is on the board.....
Even if it is on the board, I'd print copies of it out just incase the magically "disappears".....

What an evil witch! Good luck to you. I hope her sorry behind gets what she deserves.

I, too am a nurse and I can't imagine the trouble she will be in once her supervisor finds out what she has done. It is a HUGE error for her to do this to you, or anyone--and she should be removed from her position as bariatric coordinator for it.

It's a fundamental rule of nursing--no talking about patients, no sharing of information, ever. You weren't even a patient of this doctor for whom she works so she is in direct violation of the HIPPA act and that will get her in HOT Water with her employer, not to mention the state board of nursing --to whom she should also be reported for unprofessional behavior. I can't remember the name of the board, but it's part of the "department of professional regulation" in Jacksonville. My uncle and cousin are both MD's at that particular hospital, coincidentally.....

Good luck to you and report it NOW--she needs to be roped in tight and fast!

The state board of nursing is called the dept of professional regulation

I did talk to the Nursing Director..... but I havent heard anything yet.. I will be calling on Monday.......