Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi Sharon,

I feel exactly like you do. French Fries and bread get stuck so bad. I also feel like my upper stomach is stretched. I got my first fill on March 9th. I felt great nad was doing well for about 10 days and then that full feeling left me. I seem to be able to eat so much more. The doctor said that this may happne and I have another appointment for a fill on April 7th.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Slow on my end but I am still down.

:frown: Happy 2 month bandiversary everyone! :(

I have hit a plateau, but at least I don't gain anymore.

The full factor has left me too, and I can eat more.

Gonna have to kick up the exercise.

Still pretty tight and my tummys extremely picky about what I try to eat........to me it seems overly picky.....I read about people eating things that I have -100 tolerance for and it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I can't eat chicken from restaurants so far tried 3 differant places, PB all 3 times but when I fix it its fine. My list of off limits is huge......BUT HAPPY 2 MONTH ANNIVERSARY TO EVERYONE :rolleyes2::thumbup::scared2::thumbup:

Saundra,

I am going through the same thing! I'm struggling to find food to eat that doesn't cause me to PB. Then I'm suppose to get another fill on Thursday. I'm a little afraid. I don't want them to take any Fluid out, but I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be better to do that than to put any more in the band. I take one or two bites and I'm in pain in the bathroom. :thumbup: It's getting very old, almost get anxiety before I eat. Not a good thing. When is your next fill?

I'm down to around 3 ounces of food most of the time if that. My Dr kept saying it may be 2 bites it may be 20 bites well even though right now I still want to taste things that I really like I am learning I pay dearly and and slowly coming to terms with it. I'm loosing 3 lbs a week on 1 fill and my pcp dr today said its ok to be eating so little just to concentrate on my Protein and make sure I take my Vitamins he says this is what the bands all about.....I guess the slow down, chew more, and eat lots less just really takes some getting use to. Once in awhile I feel like I can eat close to 4 ounces but not often without hurting. My new fav food is crab legs and 3 ounces today hurt bad, I had to give the rest to my hubby even though I really love it. My pcp was so happy with the way its working and I am about the weight loss its the other thats hard to adjust to not to mention hearing my hubby say "I don't know how you do it".....well its the belt that has me stopping ...the belt that makes me hurt if I don't or worse PB eeekk and I've had enough of that in 2 months to last forever. I was surprised they don't want my eart rate above the 120's so for me I'm gonna start brisk walking tomorrow and build up slowly pcp dr says I should loose even faster.

putting it on was easy and no one promised me the same in taking it off so here I am....I've decided the band and I will learn to work together and I will losse this weight. I'm so grateful that the fill I had helps me go so much longer without being hungry even though I eat so little. Now its like when I quit smoking, I have to learn the psychological changes and triggers and maybe then it will be more like some of the success stories I've read about......until then I guess I can't say anything other than I'm willing to do what my band says to get this weight off

New dilema...I'm still eating an=bout 3-4 ounces at most sometimes less. I added brisk walking and dancing and haven't lost since. I was told the exercise should speed weight loss up and the WLS said if I went a week with out at least a 1 lb loss to call for another fill. Well I should be making that phone call but I'm not so sure I want to be eating less than I already do. Any of you all run into this?

Saundra, I would think if your eating 3-4 oz you dont need a fill. Ive been exercising with a personal trainer and im not losing much eather. He said that when you start something like this you start to build muscle and since muscle weighs more than fat you dont lose as quickly. He says my weight loss will spead up again but it will take a few weeks. Maybe this is whats happening to you. Are you doing your measurments? Even though im not losing lbs I an losing inches.

No I didn't take my before measurements the drs office took them the only one I know is my wrist and I have lost there. My DH thinks I should wait another week to since I eat so little and all the exercise is new but I keep hearing my dr say if no weight loss in a week call immediately. It does make sense though to slow down and all I guess I just thought I'd through up an even bigger number last week like they do on the biggest loser I guess. I am at a total stan still no gain no loss, but I am gonna give it another week though, mostly since I hiccup even when I drink. A personal trainer must be great, if yiou don't mind me asking whats that costing you? I always wanted a Jillian to push me.............thanks for the input

Let us know how it goes after this next week. Hopefully its a very short lived stand still.

My personal trainer is $60 an hour and I see him 2x a week. Yeah its outrageously expensive and ive had to give up some things to do it but I love it and he pushes me so hard which is something I really need. Also, he is one of the best looking guys ive ever seen.....very easy to look at. :blink:

Ouch I don't think I have $120.00 a week left to give up without making a few people around here really mad LOL

I've decided I'm gonna call and schedule another fill in the morning The dr said if I didn't loose 1 lb a week well I lost 2 and gained them back and have been stuck ever since. I was reading tonight that I should only be eating 2 ounces and I can sometimes eat close to 4 ounces, so now I'm really confused but its info they gave me in the hospital.

If he does it with the barium again I'm gonna insist my hubby gets to watch so he can tell me the difference in how fast or slow it goes through. I couldn't tell with the first the mean nurse wouldn't let hubby back there and I need eye surgery so I don't see well at all especially when lights involved. Hubbies been my eyes for awhile now

I'm still having a hard time getting past the mental part of 2 ounces 3 times a day but I'm sure he will talk to me about it. I know the scales are stuck but my wedding ring is falling off I'm gonna need one of those inserts for awhile.

I'll let you know how it goes in the mean time I'll keep exercising and maybe the scales will move LOL if not then 2 ounces can't be much harder to get used to than 3-4 was. :blink:

Also at a stand still here. Haven't gained or lost in a month. Second fill scheduled for 4/27.

I've got an appointment on the 28th not sure if he will give a fill or not. I can't eat that much as it is, I'm doing 2-3 ounces depending on the way my band is feeling. Og well I guess he will decide this is getting very frustrating eating so little and not loosing grrrrrrr

Yep, the doc said I was really due for my second fill, and boy do I feel restriction now. Three bites of Soup and I start to gurgle.

A couple of sips of juice and I start to gurgle. It goes down ok but it takes quite a while. I'm actually glad they don't want me to eat any solids for a week. The thought actually terrifies me. :drool:

Maybe the scales will start moving again.