Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanks Colorado Girl! My back hurt also today. I have a desk job also. My doctor advised some stretches to my quads to losen my back. Try lying on your back with your legs up against a wall. If you losenyour quads it helps your back.

Thanks for the info on the stretch. I did try that and it did help. It sure has been hard going back to sitting at a desk all day.

Sharons, I know exactly how you feel about baked goods. Good for you for staying far away.:angry:

Sharon hang in there. My work does the same thing and they are always bringing in food for certain events. I actually run the group that pays for most of it. Sweets are my trigger. We had a Super Bowl party at my house and there is a tub of hot fudge that is killing me. I asked my husband last night to get rid of it. I went and got Cookies and cream Protein powerd and had a thick shake with a mashed up banana in it.

I wanted to thank everyone on this post for all the support. It is hard being around so many people and so many social activities that revolve around food. All your comments are really helping me.

Hello, I too was banded on 1/23. Had a rough time as well with the gassy chest pains, but ibuprophen, extra strength gas-x and a heating pad helped me through it.

I started working light duty on 1/28. I work in a lab, and get worn out by the end of the day still. My appetite returned this week, so I was able to get in more than 300 cals. I think I may be up to about 800. :)

But I have noticed I can eat more liquidy things at once now without pain, so the swelling must have gone down somewhat. My first fill is scheduled for Mar 2nd.

Now, if these scars will just stop itching already. I'd like to wear my jeans again, but I lasted 10 min in them the other morning before putting on the light stretchy pants again!

Sounds like everyone is slowly getting a little bit of normalcy back. I forever am greatfull I can go around in my PJ 's sp comfy. Jeans at this point hold no appeal

Looking forward to a real nice hot bath here too :) somehow a shower isn't cutting it

Now that I'm staying away from milk and DH knows not to sneak it in my Soups I should start saying good bye to the gas as well. The only good news I've been told about that is some of us have a hard time passing the usual ways but we will eventually absorb it and be done with it. I'd love to be able to burp right now even if it isn't lady like LOL

Evening all ~ well the brownies are still there. :lol: I wish they would disappear. Today they had a little b-day party for a really good friend at work. I was invited for some ice cream and cake,:lol: but passed on the offer. I was invited to two Super Bowl parties and passed on those as well. I'm just not ready to deal with all the temptations. Can't run away forever.

The itching - yeah I can relate. It's getting better though. I actually was able to wear a pair of jeans I purchased a few months back that were way to tight. I could button them up, but they were tight on my waist so it was uncomfortable to wear them for any extended time. Today, I wore them and actually had no problems. I was even able to put my hands in the pockets while standing around talking to some folks. :sleep: That felt real good. No one has really noticed my weight loss (it hasn't been that much), but I can tell by my clothes and looking at my fingers. My feet don't hurt so much in the morning when I get out of bed. A couple of more days on mushies and then on to soft food. I'm actually afraid to move on - I don't want to mess up.:thumbup:

The gas is awful. I'm glad I live alone :):)

Oh yeah - you notice I'm learning how to customize my posts too ...:cool:

Today I had my post op visit. I have dropped 8.5 lbs in 12 days they were really pleased with my progress. He told me that would slow down now ( I didn't like hearing that) but i guess it is not reality to lose 5lbs a week . I did tell him that i am starting to get really hungry even thou i am doing the Protein Shakes he told me it is because all the liquids are going straight through the band he told me it would get better once i can eat solid foods. I did ask him about a fill and he told me that some people never get a fill which i thought was interesting but he told me we would discuss that on my next visit which is March 18th He told me that If i am still feeling Hungry then he would give me a fill. Just wondering also is anyone having any troubles with the Protein shakes making your go to the bathroom?

Edited by tyson3690

Hi Tyson,

I am having the same trouble with the Protein shakes. The doctor told me to get benefiber. he said not to get any pills but the stuff that dissolves in Water. The pills will expand in your stomach and stretch it. I have been trying that but it ihas only been two days. I am hungry because of the shakes also. I need to progress to more mushy food.

I can't do the shakes. Those were my worst gassy bowel problem days. I stoped drinking them, and that problem went away. It just wasn't worth the pain to me.

My dr had a few suggestions for gas relief other than Gas X hes suggested Mylanta and Maalox, and of course I hate them ughhhh what has seemed to help is I've cut back on my Protein shake a lot and am doing the bullet and since he just added vegatable Soup I've been eating 3-4 ounces draining the Fluid off thats helped my bowels move. Wheres the blushing smiley:blushing: I'm also allowed to che Fiber choice which I think they taste really good in the mixed berry. Of course this is what I was told and you should always at least call your drs nurse.

If anyone is finding that your tummys are acting like shock absorbers while in a car and have come up with any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I've tried the pillow but thats now cutting it. I really feel like if I didn't have so far to go and so many other appts my stomach would be much happier than it is, of course its mad right now cause it just made the over an hour trip home from my eye surgeons.

Evening all ~ I had my first meal at a restaurant today. I took a really good friend out to dinner for his birthday - tradition. The birthday person picks the restaurant. He wanted chinese:unsure: I didn't know what I was going to eat, cause I'm still on mushies. I had Soup and eggplant in garlic sauce. Worked out well. I asked the waiter when he first bought out the meal to give me a take home container and then a smaller plate (saucer). I immediately put most of the meal in the take home container and what was left I put on the saucer and ate from that. No problems at all. However its been a couple of hours now and I'm hungry again. I think I'll have a glass of choco milk, maybe some sf pudding later and it will time for bed. The brownies are still there:cursing: but I keep walking by them. This isn't all that easy, but I keep trying every day to do the right thing. Physically I feel great. Heck I even put on a pair of pants today that I could actually pull off my waist without unbuttoning them first. They were a little big anyway, but I can still tell I've lost a little.

I am really looking forward to being filled on Mar 2nd. I am getting no restriction and it is scary. I know everyone says that eating until you are not hungry anymore is part of it, but if I was able to do that, I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place.

I'm managing though. So far, so good. I wasn't that hungry this morning, so I'm just drinking a yogurt. I still am not ready to go out with friends. I don't trust myself.

As my swelling goes down my belly is roaring more so I'm focusing on measuring what I eat into 4 ounces and keeping Protein high, seems to help me a lot. Not sure what it will be like by the time I am to get my first fill but all I can do is one day at a time for now and this is working for me. When it doesn't I'll work on finding something else. Good Luck

Amy, I am feeling the same way. I ate an entire hotdog tonight. It was not the end of the world to have that but I was surprised I did not feel any restruction. I did chew the heck out of it. Hang in there! I can't wait until my first fill also.

Amy, I am feeling the same way. I ate an entire hotdog tonight. It was not the end of the world to have that but I was surprised I did not feel any restruction. I did chew the heck out of it. Hang in there! I can't wait until my first fill also.

Hi there! Were you able to eat the bun too? I was banded on the 15tha nd last week I was at a hockey game and had just a bite of my husband's hot dog. The bun made me feel so uncomfortable for quite awhile afterwards! I couldn't imagine eating a whole bun!

Maybe I didn't chew it well enough? That does seem to be my issue sometimes.