Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hey Everyone,

Were any of you told when you could take a bath? Ive taken showers but would really love a bath. Ive already taken off the opsite from my incisions so there is nothing on them anymore.

Hi all - doing much better than the last time I posted. Still fighting hungry, but not really starving.

illingirl - I'm really happy to hear you are feeling better after going to the hospital. Believe me I know how you probably felt.

Well suppose to move on to pureed food tomorrow - yeah, now I have to figure out what I will eat. I don't cook much, live alone and pretty much ate out more than I ate in. Can't do that now...back to the kitchen for me. I seem to have a low grade headache right now, guess I'll go down some liquid tylenol. I was invited to a couple of Superbowl parties tomorrow - but fortunately I have a hair appointment in the afternoon. Normally I would have loved to go the parties, but these functions are "food filled" and generally all the foods you are NOT supposed to eat. I don't think I have enough strength for something like this yet.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and you wake up to one to two pounds less than you had before.

Sharons-thanks for comments. I was afraid I was being paranoid, but then I read your comments and figured I might as well call my Dr.

I am feeling a lot better. I've had a little applesauce. That was a nice change of pace. It seems like most are starting to feel better which is great. Keep up the good work!

You are quite welcome illingrl. Like I said I've been there and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. I know the applesauce was good and keepin it down was even better.

I'm doing ok, lot's of gas - but no pain and the "starving" feeling is starting to go away. I'm still doing the liquid diet for the most part, but the Soups I eat are probably a little more higher in calories than they should be, but I eat about about 1 - 1 1/2 cups in the course of the day. I love seafood, so I tend to eat seafood bisque or some sort of cream Soup e.g. cream of shrimp. I also like Beans, so if I'm not eating the seafood type I'll eat (drink) the bean soup. The bean soup is really good and it seems to help with keeping my bowels moving regularly. I still struggle with the Water, I literally hate drinking it and I've tried everything to make it more paletable. I went grocery shopping yesterday and that was really interesting, by the time I got to the counter and looked at my purchases, I realized there was nothing in my basket except items you basically drink. I would have never imagined you could spend close to $100 on food and have virtually nothing which you could actually chew on in my selections. I kept thinking what are the people standing behind me or the cashier are thinking, if they are looking at the items I purchased. Yeah, yeah self centered thinking, I know. Does anyone ever do this e.g. while waiting in line, look at the food products the person in front of you is purchasing? Anyway, I did find this new product by SoBe. It's called lifewater. It's basically the same thing as Propel and VitaWater etc. I purchased one to try it out, cause I keep buying all these waters that I don't like after I purchase them and then have them sitting around for nothing. Well as like would have it, when I went home I tried it out. Viola! I finally find something I could tolerate. It wasn't bad at all. Only problem is - now I have to go out again and buy more since I only purchased one bottle just to try it out. Oh well, at least I found something that I could tolerate. I know I'm not getting enough Water in my system - urine is too dark. This water has about 10 more calories in it than Propel (which is what my nutritionist listed as a possible option), but I didn't like Propel either. So...it will be SoBe LifeWater for me; even with the additional 10 extra calories - which is better than no water at all. Matter of fact, I think I'll go drink the rest of the bottle now (slowly of course). Hope everyone has a really great day.

Edited by sharons
spacing

I was told showers only, and man would I love a bath. The nurse said that sitting in Water could cause in fection so when I finally get to go for post op Tuesday I'm hoping for lots of good news, a bath being one and something added to my diet. I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery and for what I'm eating that seems so small, I dunno I guess the body has to adjust. I'm surprised we didn't all go into starvation mode but from what DH reads to me the Protein and fluids play a huge role there

Edited by Saundra

Saundra - I've lost 11lbs and 3 lbs just this week (post surgery). I hear the normal should be about 1-2lbs per week, so I think I lost 3 simply because I've only been taking in fluids. Whatever the case, I'm happy about the 3, last month I gained 3 (and the month before that, and before that and so on).

I know what you mean I'm happy about the loss just wondering if when swelling is completely down and no restriction what will happen then. I've seen where a lot don't loose. Oh well I guess time will tell, in the meantime I keep working for it

I was told showers only, and man would I love a bath. The nurse said that sitting in Water could cause in fection so when I finally get to go for post op Tuesday I'm hoping for lots of good news, a bath being one and something added to my diet. I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery and for what I'm eating that seems so small, I dunno I guess the body has to adjust. I'm surprised we didn't all go into starvation mode but from what DH reads to me the Protein and fluids play a huge role there

So I guess it will just be showers for me for a bit. I dont see my Dr. until the 23rd of this month (for my first fill) so let me know when you get the ok for a bath. :tongue2:

Ive lost 13 since surgery so it seems like we are pretty close. All last week I could only have about 3 oz at a time. This week ive been doing like 6 so I know my swelling must be going down. I feel like Ive done great so far but now that im eating more I expect to not keep losing like I am.

Thats cool that some of you are able to eat applesauce. Thats not on my diet until this Friday along with mushies. When do you all start mushies?

My post op is tomorrow so maybe I will get to add some new things like mushies to my diet. I was surprised that I could have stage 1 baby fruit and sugar free pudding right now but to be honest its not something that makes me think of sweets that my body wants, its food food. I had a sudden increase of gas the last 2 days and just found out my DH added 1% milk to my Soup so I took a prevacid even though the Dr didn't think I would need them anymore and am staying with chicken broth today to see if that could have been it. Milk and I haven't always gotten alone and the sudden extra gas has been crazy. Hopefully this explains it and he is never allowed to put milk in my food again. Be well everyonr, will let you know what he says about baths tomorrow

Evening all. Had my post op doc visit today. He said I seem to be doing well; need to get more fluids in me. I asked him a lot of questions, having learned a lot from this forum. He was patient and answered my questions. My next appointment is not until March and that's when he will decide whether I need a fill. He said he usually will start out with 2cc's. I'm on mushies now, but there is a part of me that is afraid to progress to the next stage. I'm not as hungry as I was a few days after surgery. I'm also not much of a cook now that I have an empty nest and there is no one here but me. I use "pick up" something on the way home from work, usually something I shouldn't eat, but living with the band is forcing me to re-evaluate my meal selections. Soups have been easy and filling, but like anything else, you can get bored.

Saundra - if you get some time, check out a forum called "Mentors" or something like that on this site. There is a link called "I'm here to help...." There is a lady on the site who is awesome and really helps guide you through this thing by offering you encouragement, things to think about and other helpul tips for a successful lapband story. Check it out, you might find it helpful.

Well ladies, go to go play my other addiction - computer games before I go beddy bye. Oh yeah, colorado good job to you on the weight loss so far - let's keep up our good work.

Edited by sharons
grammar

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on January 23rd also. I am so happy to have found you all. I wish I found you sooner. Last week was rough for me also but this week is a bit better. I went back to work today. I also had my first postop visit. They said I am healing well and added me to the mushies. One thinkg they suggested that I do is puree chili. We had some from a super bowl party yesterday and it was delicious. All I have eaten for the past two weeks has been Protein shakes and corn and roasted red pepper Soup from trader Joe's.

I have lost 10 lbs so far.

I wish you all the best with this and I am looking forward to sharing with you all during this journey.

Hey Kd,

Welcome and congrats on your surgery!! Im glad that your feeling better this week. I also went back to work today and it was harder than I expected. I have a desk job and my back was killing me. Im sure since ive been doing alot of laying down this last week. I also think I ate to much Soup at lunch and had the worst chest tightness. I actually went home just a bit early.

Thats cool that your doc gave you the ok for mushies. I cant start those until this Friday. I dont see my doc until the 23rd since I live a couple hours away from his office.

Congrats on the 10 lbs!!!

Thanks Colorado Girl! My back hurt also today. I have a desk job also. My doctor advised some stretches to my quads to losen my back. Try lying on your back with your legs up against a wall. If you losenyour quads it helps your back.

Welcome KD.

Things going ok for me. 2nd week back at work, still trying to get adjusted to my eating habits while at work. I pack all my liquids and so far have done ok - except sometimes I go to long without getting something in me. Today, I walked into the back room where we have our micro wave and fridge and someone, purchased a tub of "brownies" to share with the whole office. Oh boy, if you could have heard my sonar going off...I couldn't even look in the direction they were sitting. I actually thought to myself, now how can I turn one of those into liquid. I could just put one in my mouth and keep it there until it dissolved or chew it until it turned into mush, but I felt ashamed of myself for thinking this way and stayed away from the area for the remainder of the day. I know they will probably be around tomorrow - that's how they do at work. They just keep stuff there until it's gone. Anyway, with God's mercy I will be able to stay away as long as necessary. I better stop talking about them now, before I do something desparate. Baked goods, especially chocolate baked goods like brownies are my biggest food challenges. I think I better go now. Have a nice evening all.