Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approval for couples, anyone????

:confused: Hey everybody!

My husband and I are going through this together. Our last appointment for the 6 mo. plan is Jan. 20th and I get more nervous by the day. I'm worried about insurance not wanting to pay for 2 surgeries. Anyone have experience with this? Here are our stats. Me: 40BMI @ consult, severe sleep apnea, psych eval (done), dietician appt. (done), and 11 lbs. lost during 6 month diet (currently 39 BMI). My husband: 44 BMI at consult, diabetes, high BP, fatty liver, psych eval (done), dietician appt. (done), 15 lbs. lost during 6 month diet. I think my husband's good to go, but I'm nervous about my approval. Have any good info or tips for us? We have Aetna Select POS II plan.

Thanks for any info!

I have no familiarity with aetna but I can tell you that if you meet the criteria, they have to approve you. They will evaluate you ALONE and your husband ALONE. YOU may think you're a package deal but to Aetna, you're just 2 more clients.

You both apply separately as mentioned above. You both meet Aetna's requirements too so I think it's looking good for you both.

I have Aetna too. One thing that is kind of confusing to me is why people are nervous about being approved AFTER they do the 6 month diet. From what I understand w/Aetna, you can submit for approval before the 6 month diet and know you are approved (contingent on completing the diet). I believe this is what my surgeon's office will do as a first step, but I will confirm just to make sure. So, do you know if you already have this pre-approval (before completing the diet). Maybe ask your surgeon's office, just in case. It seems they should all do this so you won't waste your time/money on the 6 month diet unless you know you are approved otherwise.

Anyway, it sounds like you would be approved anyway as long as you can also show 2 years history at a high enough BMI and that you have no exclusion. Boy, this insurance stuff can be confusing, though!

My husband and I both had surgery this year. Mine was on 10/22/08 and his on 12/23/08. We had cinga insurance. they gave us a little scare with my hubby, denied him but we appealed and they came through. Made no sense to me since his bmi was 55 and mine was 38. I was diabetic though.He has a cpap machine for sleep apnea.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches