Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm a newbie, this is my first post and really, my first time on here.

I'm just starting to think about getting the Lap Band (my consult is next Tuesday) and I wanted to talk with people my own age (I'm 23).

I weigh 215 and I'm 5'2".

I have so many questions for you guys:

How long does the process take from consult to surgery?

How do you feel now?

What's been the hardest part?

What do you wish someone had told you in the beginning?

How did your friends react?

Did you tell only close friends/everybody/nobody?

Thanks guys! I look forward to getting to know you all over this journey. :thumbs_up:

I'm just starting to think about getting the Lap Band (my consult is next Tuesday) and I wanted to talk with people my own age (I'm 23).

How do you feel now?

Thanks guys! I look forward to getting to know you all over this journey. :thumbup:

Hello. I'm going to be 23 in July. I am 5'3.5'' I was 253.6 pounds at my consult. I went to the seminar and within a month I was banded, but I was self pay. At first it was no having soda or bread, but now the hardest part for me has been dealing with the head hunger and all the emotional stuff that goes with being overweight. How bad it would hurt if I took a little sip of something carbonated...it sucked lol. Everyone has been very supportive of me and the people on here are amazing. I have told everyone...lol. If someone asks me about how I've lost weight or anything I tell them. I am not ashamed of my choice...I am proud of it. Proud that I finally had the guts to do what was right for me! To do what I needed to do without caring how others felt about it! Good luck. You can message me or respond on here if you ever need to talk. I'm always around here :thumbup: Take care!

How do you feel now?

Thanks guys! I look forward to getting to know you all over this journey. :)

hi ichbinseins, i just noticed your post :confused: you have no idea how nice it is to see someone around my age, LOCAL, and having this surgery done. if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat, hit me up: krystenc15@aol.com or myspace.com/latinkiki :sneaky:

and here you go:

i was self pay, wasnt about to pay out my @$$ here in the states, so i researched docs in Mexico, in 08/2007, saw a couple of them in 11/2007, and made my decision to go with my doc 01/2008 and scheduled my surgery.

How do you feel now?

i feel great, i really don't see the difference until i put on my still fav pair of size 22 jeans. i can't seem to get rid of them! im a 16 now. also, i take progress pics, and i can see it when i compare. when i look at myself in the mirror, i can't see it tho...:)

physically: taking the little bites and chewing,chewing,chewing, so you wont PB and feel like crap afterwards!!! emotionally: trying to convince my husband i won't leave once im done loosing weight. (that's another can of worms!)

i don't know if its a bad thing so, i don't know how to make this sound negative. but all the attention you'll be getting from not only men, but everyone you know saying "oh my God you look great..." blah blah stuff and talking all super loud on how great you look, what/how are you doing it, and explaining to them how the lapband works and answering the same damn questions over & over, it really does get old! im about to make booklets and pass 'em out with lap band info! LOL :lol:

don't really have any around my age, except for one and im super close to her, she just moved to NC, so i hope she comes over this summer. we'll see how she reacts. the older crowd, is very happy for me, im not really to close to them anyway. so if something negative came out of their mouth i could care less!!! family-wise, they're all excited to see the end result.

i the begining, i only told my immediate family. once surgery was all said & done, i had to spill the Beans when family nocticed i was loosing weight and looked smaller each time they saw me!