Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking of getting a slight unfill

I got a fill on the 19th of Dec then went on holidays straight after to Singapore. While I was there, I gained almost 2 lbs. I know in part that it was because I wasn't eating well, but I suspect it may also be because I am a little too tight.

I always thought 'too tight' was when you couldn't hold down liquids, but since my last fill, I'm struggling to eat any sort of meat, no matter how soft, without wanting to PB. I am even having trouble having soft cooked Pasta now.

I'm close to goal so am thinking maybe it's better to be a little too loose than too tight, and then work the rest of with exercise if I have to.

WDYT though? Should I persist with the fill? I'm back from holidays now and intend to go back to eating well, but even now am wary of having more than a couple of bitefuls at a time, for fear it will come back out. I do know that this 'tightness' eases after a while though, and I wonder if I'm overreacting.

Or should I go back to what worked (the way I was prior to my last fill) when I was losing 2lbs a week? I had 0.5cc put in at my last fill, so perhaps if I take only 0.25cc out?

The more fill you have, the harder this gets. I was in a similar postion - had a small 0.1 ml fill to take me to 2.8 in my band and it made me so tight. I was pbing more (but still not a lot) but I just couldnt eat anything without discomfort. I did lose a bit (which was my intention) but it was at the expense of a good diet, I couldnt eat Breakfast etc.

I also had ever so slight refluxy sort of mucous after eating, I realised one day that I was clearing my throat an awful lot (no pain, just this little cough after eating). that was enough for me, I want my band in and the difference between 68kg and 70kg is not worth risking it over. So I had .2 taken out.

it was when I did that that I realised just how far my good eating habits had slipped with being so tight. I was just grazing all day and crap food too - which is what I'd unconsciously been doing whilst I was tighter. I promtly went back to 72kg, which had me feeling a bit desperate. The difference between 68 and 72 IS noticeable to me, lol.

I've since had two .1ml fills to take me back to 2.8 (8 weeks apart) and the fill is really comfortable now, nowhere near as tight as it was the first time. However, its taken months to get back to a good healthy 3 meals a day (maybe with SMALL snacks) routine. But this morning I was 69kg, YAY.

Get a bit out. If you're uncomfortable, jsut do it. We're not hamstrung by stupid medical systems and insurance companies here, you can just go and darn well do it and go back next week if you like for another fill, without it costing you thousands. Even .1ml out may make a difference.

But keep up your exercise :-) I'm sure its the only thing that saved me from a bigger gain.

Thanks for your reply, Jachut. I'm even more confused now as I managed to have a good sized salad and roll for dinner without getting anywhere near stuck. I am wondering now if the travel and change of diet was what was making me uncomfortable. I only arrived back this morning.

I have made an appt with my Dr for next Tues anyway, JIC, and can cancel right up to Monday arvo if I want to. If in doubt, I'll get unfilled a little. But if I'm doing okay, I'll wait until my next appt, in early Feb.

Also wanted to let you know I tried a bit of running while on holidays. I managed 7 minutes on a treadmill going at 7.2km/h and on a slight incline, which I was quite proud of, considering that it was after doing 20 minutes of hard riding on a stationary bike beforehand. Was so so sore the next day though!

So I went and got fitted for running shoes. :thumbup: I'm going to give running a go, just to mix up my workout a bit. It will mean waking up at 5.30am to run before going to work, but hey, it's summer! At least it won't be dark! Lol!

Edited by lellow