Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Making my self at HOME!

Hello to all! Yes, I'm a newbie - I WAS BANDED 7 days ago today (12.30.08), talk about a New Year resolution. I started the day of surgery at 237.8 and today I'm at 230.4 in a week, (is that about on track?) I'm sure its all Water, but ghee it sure does make you happy to look at the #'s going down for once.

I hope to follow in all of YOUR success and continue to my goal! (Which I'm not really sure what # that is - I just want to be healthy, off the RX's, and enjoy my life the Lord has given me)

I'm from TN about 40 miles north of Memphis, if anyone from this area is connected, let me know. I would love to know.

I'm so open to any and all suggestions, yes, am I scared... definite who isn't, but thru guidance, talk, and prayer we can over come anything! Right? Believe me the doctor said read this binder that they gave me at least twice before surgery, let me tell you, have I not only read it twice before surgery but about ten times since. I'm so worried that I will mess it up, some how some way, but I would say that the hardest thing for me to get use to this past week was the sipping. I'm so use to grabbing a bottle of water and POOPH!!! It’s gone, now I'm sipping, and that’s a challenge for me.

I look forward to keeping in touch, giving and getting support here.... thanks again!!

:wub:

Congratulations! What a great week you have had! I am so excited to read your post, as I have my surgery coming up on Monday, 1/12.

Can you share how your recovery has been? Did you spend 1 night in the hospital? What did you feel like doing when you got home? sleeping, relaxing?

I am of similar weight as you - - I am short though - -5'3. Can't wait to get the surgery over with and really start the journey!

Please keep us posted and continued good work to you!

Well, first the night before I didn't sleep at all, I was too excited, then when I went to weigh in, I had actually lost three pounds more than he requested, and all this was during Christmas, and I was out of town, talk about "wanting something bad" that was me! BUT it proved to me that it was possible if I could get my mind in that frame. (But, I get discouraged so easy)

The surgery was fine, I have three little holes, and two places about one inch, not too bad. When I woke up in recovery, my sugar was sky high 285, and my blood pressure was in the red zone (not sure what it was) but it was enough of a concern that they pumped me full of insulin and something for the blood pressure, BUT once I got all that under control, I was up walking around and joking and the nurses were making the comment that I didn't even look like I just had surgery. That night I went home and slept, the next day I drove myself (with my teenage daughter) to work about 40 miles from my house, I worked about a half a day (New Years Eve) and then I went home and lounged around. I think the worst part for me was the GAS that I could not pass that was in chest, its' slowly getting better, but as the surgery - NO problem, came back to work on Friday and worked another half day, and Monday I was energetic and ready!

Hey, I'm not that much taller than you - I'm only 5'4.. you will do wonderful, be sure and ask for something to help with the nausea when you speak with the anthespologist (spelled wrong i think)

Hi Beth! I was banded on the same day as you! Congratulations!:wub:

Yeah, I have a twin???? Congrats to you also, how are you feeling? and making it? what is your loss so far.... girl fill me in...

Congratulations!!! I wish you a smooth healing process and a very successful 2009!! Your positive attitude is great!

Girl, Rach - you are rolling, great job! and your right its that feeling not that number, I so agree. Heck I can't wait for the one feeling of "Yes, I made it!" when I walk up the steps, just the first floor of them. At this moment I'm so out of breath when I get them, all I can do is stare, and oh lord they wonder why my blood pressure is high when I make it to the office!!!

Keep up the good loss, and best of luck!

Hey Beth! You're off to a great start and have such a wonderful attitude! I wish you all the best and look forward to talking to you more on this site. :wub: