Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in California and wanted to know how much time it takes from the day you talk to your Dr. to the surgery date? 1month 2 ,3 ? And i never hear any thing negative is that because no one wants to be negaitve or is there not much to report?And i need to here more people say that exercise has become apart of there new lifestyle. I swim 5 days a week and its GREAT! for the larger person.And i hear many say that thay are taking the lbs to loose b-4 surgery via liquids is that ok with the Dr.?:wub:

Edited by Vickey555
Lots of errors

I am in California and wanted to know how much time it takes from the day you talk to your Dr. to the surgery date? 1month 2 ,3 ? And i never hear any thing negative is that because no wants to be negaitve or there's not much to report?And i need to here more people say that exercise has become apart of there new lifestyle. I swim 5 days a week and its GREAT! for the larger person.:wub:

Did I read that right ? You have 25 PDS to lose ? Or is that a miss print ?

What kind of negatives do you want to hear ? Possible complications ? I DO encourage you to go to the Complications threads on here and read them , because the things that happen in there slips, ect are real possibilities. If you go to my blogg ( at the bottom of my sig) i have written about some 'issues" i have had being sensitive to fills .

that can be seen as a negativity by some , i dont see it that way . As for time line ? Are you going by insurance ?

If you have insurance it can take longer. usually self payers ,it does not take long at all.

HTH

Mindy

Mindy first i want to say to you i am so proud of you your almost there,and i am sorry to here that you had some problems but i was happy to here that you got passed them.And your almost there Yeah!!:thumbup: And i was raised in TEXAS another Yeah!! :thumbup:And yes my insurance is going to pay for it. I have a 10$co-pay.But i will need to shead 25lbs b-4 any moving forward. I guess thats best.:wub: And i was wondering i am 325 and wanted to get to at least 200 and wondered if the lap was right or the bypass????:tt1: My Dr. was like you may only loose 50lbs. and i was wondering if he was saying go for the G-bypass or what i couldnt tell :huh2:but i like the fact the lap can be removed if serious problems come up.

From my first appt to my surgery was nearly 4 months. My first consult was in August, but there were no next appts for the nutritionist and therapist until mid Sept. My surgery was on 11/24/08. I think the time frame was good for me, because I was still making my mind up.

I exercise regularly, but since I'm only 5 weeks out, I'm not back to where I was. I was playing tennis about 3-5 times a week until my surgery. For now I'm just walking (about 2 miles each walk). I'm actually looking forward to being able to go back to the gym and start lifting weights and doing other stuff again because I'm definitely sick of walking.

Before my surgery, I cut out sugar and caffeine, but aside from that I wasn't doing any major dieting. I might have even been bingeing more, for fear I wouldn't get to eat any of my favorite foods again. But it's definitely smart to start eating right, and especially cut out sugar and caffeine, ahead of time, so it's not such a shock to you afterwards.

As for negative stuff, the past few days were bad days for me. But today's a new day and I feel better. I have my first fill this afternoon, and I'm a bit anxious, but I've been trying my hardest to stick with the program so far, so no matter how it goes from here on out, I'll try to remember I am doing my best.