Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG OMG! C'mon Joshua! Be a good baby and come out of your momma without causing lotsa pain, damage or taking too long! She's a nice lady!

:rolleyes::lol::eek::lol::w00t::lol:

Hi guys, LJM asked me to keep this thread updated--her DH says the epidural is in and she is having significant contractions - that was a few hours ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the thick of it now! So exciting!

thanks for the update. I was getting a little nervous.

I am dying for updates. I keep checking the thread again . . . just in case there is news. I hope everything is going well for LJM and i can't wait to here how delivery went.

I've been thinking about you today, LJM. I hope everything is going great and I can't wait to hear about Joshua!

well, not the ideal delivery at all...

started the pitocin 530am Friday morning, contractions kicked in immediately, my Water broke on its own (i honestly thought i peed the bed), epidural came about 130ish - my BP tanked (from 150s/70-80 to 120s/50s), bean did NOT like that one bit and his heartrate dropped from 130-150 to 70 for about 7 minutes. they stopped the pitocin and bean was fine after that.

about 5 or so, i NEEDED the epidural. i was having really bad - but infrequent - contractions. they started the pitocin again and contractions picked up quite severly. my epidural sucked... it only worked for 1/2 my body at a time so i would feel them on the left but not on the right... hated.every.minute ... the contractions were every 3 or so minutes and "off the charts" in intensity.

about 11pm i was having very regular intense contractions and every time i had a contraction, bean's HR would drop to about 70 or so... so they checked me and i was only 3cm dilated (went from 2-3cm in well over 8 hours - NO progress basically despite bitch and a half contractions)...

doctor came in and i just knew what she was going to say ... c-section time. they prepped the room and me in less than 1/2 hour, they needed him out since his HR was dropping with no progress.

soooooo ... he's here, he's healthy and beautiful... 6lb 1oz 18.25 inches long. my OB was great and cut along my TT scar for the c section... only bad thing - i did have to get staples... oh well...

thanks for your thoughts everyone!! now we just need to keep him eating... he doesnt like to eat much so i'm pretty much 'force feeding him' every 3 hours or so...

Thanks for the update. Glad everything came out ok.

Glad to see you back on. Good thet Dr. used your TT scars. Sorry you had a rough time of it/ But you will soon forget the pain. You will remember it was there, but the intensity will lesson everytime you look at little bean. Any idea when you and LB will get to go home?

15_5_16.gif Thoughts and prayers are still with you.