Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else starting month 3 of the 6 month diet?

Twiddling thumbs here and I'm starting to get impatient.:thumbup: I start month 3 of the 6 month WAIT tomorrow with my PCP. Anyone else starting month 3 in January (started diet in Nov.)? Let's party now that we're almost half-way there! Here's to May or June at the latest!:)

Im starting my 3rd month. Im from

greensburg pa. and have decided to go with Magee hospital in Pittsburgh. Im not frustrated yet, time seems to be going fast for me. Probably because Im so nervous about all of this. December was my 2nd month and I missed my scheduled meeting so Im not sure what this program consists of, they let me weigh in on the 30th and had me read a couple brochures. I thought for sure I gained weight from my first meeting which would have resulted in a denial from insurance but I actually lost 8 lbs. so now Im excited about next weigh-in. Sorry this is alot about nothing but theres not much excitement yet. Im still not sure Im going to go through with it, I figure I will get the 6-month thing out of the way and I believe I have 1 year possibley 2 to make a decision(Highmark,Keystone Blue). Im just curious where you are going for surgery?

I am in Magee's program also and on month #4. I am taking it one step at a time since I have a scheduled appointment with the Doc. at the end of this month. I had a slight gain which may set me back a bit, but I am looking to lose that weight and more.

Hi Bob and Mr. G. I'm going to AGH, but I went to the Magee seminar while deciding. Mr.G, I don't think you'll get denied for gaining one month, I was told insurance looks at the whole 6 months as to whether you lost or gained (just lose something). I'm in the weird position of not being able to lose much or I risk going under the minimum 35 BMI which I'm 10 pounds from (my minimum, for others it can be that 40 BMI). The important thing is not to miss any monthly weigh in/form filled out or you have to start over. Also Bob, you're right about the 2 years-I've got Highmark PPO Blue (just know that the whole 6 months has to be within 2 years of the SURGERY DATE...so yeah, you'll have about a year after your done with the diet before you'll need to schedule things). Also a tidbit I found out along the way...my pre-op visits are covered by my insurance (Psych, Nut, etc.) but they have to be done within 6 months of the SURGERY DATE (or you have to re-do them, probably at your expense)...so I put them off until this month and next in case something is held up and I don't get surgery until June. -BG