Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you exercise today?

TravelAnna - yes indeed, a good week with lots of variety to the exercise, and people to do things with.

Need to add to my day's quota - went out for a BRISK 35 min walk at lunch....the wind is biting (putting the temp below freezing....brrrr).

Tap -

I don't know about variety being the key to life, but it certainly is the key to getting me to the gym. I like it when I can do something different.

And meeting my friends at the gym is probably the reason I go as much as I do.

The wind here is crazy too, I'm sure bumping the temp close to freezing. Hence, I am still working out in the gym, and not outside.

This thread made me exercise today. I didn't get my run in, so I was not going to do anything. Instead I did my short t-tapp workout before watching The Biggest Loser tonight. Better than nothing. I will go running tomorrow. I will.

But shiny....if the wind was behind you, think of the speed you could get!!!:w00t::tt1:

I've actually done that, but the return trip is a bear! It was the day after Christmas and the winds were at about 30 mph. It was invigorating, to say the least.

I've actually done that, but the return trip is a bear! It was the day after Christmas and the winds were at about 30 mph. It was invigorating, to say the least.

I don't know whether to be impressed with your dedication and energy, or pissed off that I seem sooooo lazy by comparison. :tt1:

Did my usual upper body workout this morning, then did 35 min on the bike. Then as I had an appointment downtown, I walked the extra couple of miles to/from it.

Where oh where are some of other posters? RSG? Minx? I know LilMiss is posting in her Accountability thread in general support....

I'm still here! Tap, you are doing great - not lazy at all! I think you do more than I do even. :tt1: Be proud girl!

I did my lunch walk yesterday and then last evening I did my Calisthenics.

Today my plans are much the same, I'm going to do my lunchtime walk, then I'll do 30 mins on the stationery bike, then do Calisthenics again. I know I really shouldn't do the Cals 2 days in a row, but I missed Mondays. Gotta make up for it...

Tap, I feel pissed off that I'm lazy by comparison to where I was in December, fitness-wise! I've really slowed down because of my hip problems. Bit by bit I'm trying to work back up to where I want to be.

I went to the gym and did 3.25 miles on the treadmill. At least 2.75 of it was running, and the rest was walking. Felt great.

Hello, exercise girlfriends :hurray:

I'm really sorry I fell out of touch with this thread, my bad, no real excuse for me, except that I've just been busy, and not on the computer as much. Now that the weather is warming up, I have the Spring cleaning bug, and I've been busy doing that (indoors and out), plus just keeping up with my regular treadmill power walks/jog, and walking my dog of course.

So I'm trying to keep up the work! Nothing more exciting with exercise, 'cept I do want to get into some more upper body workouts. Tap, I was REALLY impressed with yours! I read through this thread, and everyone seems to be doing good. I have those days that I just don't feel like exercising too, even though I've been doing it for so long, it's so hard some days! This thread is such good motivation.

My weight has been moving though, and I'm so happy with that! According to my BMI, I'm now NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot! :crazy: I've wanted to say that for so long. I'm just "overweight" now, lol. I've changed my ticker up to a goal weight of 152 - that wll be an even 100 pounds for me. It may not be in the perfect weight BMI range, but my body scan says that I am now 34%, which is down from 60% when I started this journey. I can't believe I that my body was once more than half fat! :) Anyway, 34% is considered healthy for a woman of 44, so I'm happy with that. My surgeon would like to see me get into the 150's (which is what I want anyway) then I might think about a Tummy Tuck. This is probably all a bit off topic, but I now have an awful lot of skin on my stomach - a "pannus" I believe it is called. When I look sideways in a mirror, my body looks good, except for my stomach. There's enough skin there to make it bulge out . . . I look pregnant. :thumbup: I can only image this is going to be uncomfortable in the Summer.

Anyone else having to deal with this????

Keep up the good work everyone! Just keep swimming! :thumbup:

Warm hugs,

Lori

I missed Monday but went yesterday after work and today before work!

I am soooo proud of myself.

I have been swimming in the pool to get ready for a triathlon this summer (big challenge for myself).

Anyway, typically, I do 50 meter repeats and rest one minute between sets and I swim for 30 minutes.

Well, the training schedule said to step it up to 200 meter repeats (YIKES) and swim for 40 minutes, taking 1 minute rests between sets.

I thought...no way am I going to be able to do that. I'll just do 100 meter repeats.

Well, I decided to push myself a little and I was able to do the whole workout swimming 200 meter repeats! I am SOOOOOOO proud of myself. Truely, didn't think I could do it, and I did!!!

Good morning ladies...

Rhap - glad to see you back. I know exactly what you mean on SO many of the things you said. I too still have to make myself exercise even after a year, AND I have spring fever - my hands are itching to get back into the garden - there may still be snow in the yard, but I can feel spring in the air. And as for the stomach issue - yes indeed, I have now occasionally popped into the plastic surgery thread because I have a real hanging gut of excess skin and some really ugly stretch marks. But as I am still paying off the band, plastic surgery is not in my immediate future - but I can dream!

Shiny - I know you were discouraged with your hip issues; just don't push it too fast in building up your exercise again.

Travel - YEAH!!!! What an accomplishment! Can you do that little flip at the end of a lane to turn around? I have yet to master that so I always touch the wall then pivot on my foot and start again. If I could do that little 'flip' I'd probably be able to swim total distances faster...

Minx - Glad to see you are keeping at it.

As for me, I did my leg routine this morning, and then added a few floor exercises for the abdomen - first time. OWIEE! Then did 35 min on the elliptical.

ladies, in all honesty, I was preparing this morning to write my farewell to the VVs...there are so few of us left checking in that I was thinking maybe it is time to go...maybe we have outgrown (or maybe shrunk' :cursing:) the need to have this particular network. It isn't that I don't like to keep up with the few regulars who are left, but there doesn't seem to be much action in the VV forum...I'm undecided. Whatcha all think?

I don't do the flip turn at the end - it takes so much energy that I find it makes me go slower and feel more out of breath. Also, half of the time I do it, I get Water up my nose, end up sputtering like an idiot and either have to put my feet down or tread water in the deep end until I catch my breath.

Rhapsody, its so nice to see you around and are still doing well!

tap, you know this has crossed my mind too. I'm often hanging around other areas and seem to forget to check this forum to see whats going on. Not on purpose, but maybe also that when I do take a peek in here, nothing last was mentioned.

We started off strong, but we didn't make the cut! I don't know though, most likely I will always check in here from time to time until its a ghosttown for months...

This is the only forum I visit on lapbandtalk. I will be very sad if this forum dies completely. You ladies are very inspirational to me. :lol: Don't go.

This is the only forum I visit on lapbandtalk. I will be very sad if this forum dies completely. You ladies are very inspirational to me. :lol: Don't go.

Awwww . . . I agree with you SHM! This is the only forum I post in too, with the rare exception in the Michigan forums, but it's usually dead there. I may check out the plastic surgery forums like Tap suggested, but this will always be my home . . . and I agree again, all the ladies here are very inspirational!

((((Warm Hugs all ))))