Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who will this change who i am

Hi....

Those questions you posted are good ones...I just started. I had surgery this Tuesday and thank God as each day passes, I feel more like myself again. Will this surgery change you? I think definitely it will. For me, I'll feel energized, excited daily, and more of the person I think I am already. Will it change who you are? No way....I know I'll always be who I a no matter what I look like on the outside, just an enhanced more vibrant person.

I do not blame you asking yourself these questions. I've often wondered how I'm gonna be when I get to my goal. Each time I picture it, I always leave myself smiling, knowing its going to be great!

Hi there :) I suppose in little ways I have changed since my surgery, I feel more hopeful, I feel like I have a more positive outlook on life.

But, I have not changed as far as who I am inside as a person. I still feel passionate about certain causes, I am still highly energized about my life goals but this time I have more energy to complete these goals.

Good luck to you and have fun with your ever changing journey!

Well I feel more like my "old" skinny self whom I have not seen in 25 years. I feel younger and more energetic. Happier and more confident. I don't really miss the fat me at all. I don't see the fat person in the mirror. Actually I never did even when fat, it was photos that I saw when I said "holy ####" I am fat. Now as I see my photos of the old and new me I feel wonderful. I take each day one at a time. Yes I fall off the wagon occasionally we all do but I don't beat myself up over it. I just start over again.

I probably am different than a lot of people here because I used to be thin, for most of my youth and only got fat when I was in my 40's and 50's. Now that I am approaching 61 I decided to get going and do something about my health. I had sleep apnea, diabetes II luckily no high blood pressure. Pain from my joints and could hardly get up and down the stairs. Now I can run up and down the stairs. Feel better than I did 20 years ago.

All in all this is the best decision I have ever made. You will change your outlook. Don't hesitate to get counseling it does help. I think the 2 years prior to this I was in counseling helped me decide to do this and do it so far successfully. I go to my monthly support meetings also. For me they are a must to keeping me on track.

Good luck and best wishes for successful weight loss.

What caused you to have a port revision? What were your side effects?

Hi there :) I suppose in little ways I have changed since my surgery, I feel more hopeful, I feel like I have a more positive outlook on life.

But, I have not changed as far as who I am inside as a person. I still feel passionate about certain causes, I am still highly energized about my life goals but this time I have more energy to complete these goals.

Good luck to you and have fun with your ever changing journey!

What caused you to have a port revision? What were your side effects?

I had pain at my port site, my ribs hurt as well - the port was bonking against that area and was just too large for me. I couldn't get comfortable when sitting or sleeping and sometimes it would be much worse than others but regardless everyday it was uncomfortable.

So, I had my revision and had a low profile port put in,smaller and thinner and now I feel wonderful!

I like your comment about killing the fat man. I've been heavy to one extent or another since I was eight years old. As I loose weight I'm feeling more confident, more assertive and my energy level is through the roof. I'm starting to feel like a different person. Don't get me wrong I'm not going commie or anything, I've always believed in survival of the fittest just now that I'm becoming fit I think I may survive.

I feel more confident in myself. I am more apt to try things that I would never have even considered 100 pounds ago.

In general, I feel sooooo much better. No high blood pressure, no sleep apnea, no pre-diabetes, no leg pain, etc... I fit in a restaurant booth now with room to spare.

All my changes have been positive.

I'm the same person, but more confident, outgoing and physically active. Sometimes I even dance in the street or move around, just to move!

I have had some internal/emotional changes with my relationship to food and have come to grip with some of my problems in that area. It's all part of a process and you will change, but it's a bit unpredictable and you can't know how you will change until it's happening. I think this is true especially if you've been fat all your life (I have been fat since about 12 years old in varying degrees, at least I THOUGHT I was fat and saw myself as fat.) I realized yesterday I haven't been this weight in as long as I can remember and feel so THIN now... I know I'm not thin, but last time I weighed 210 I was on the way up and probably felt like a whale... I was probably thinking, "oh man, I weigh over 200 lbs. This sucks, how will I lose it?" and so forth! Now I'm like, "whoo-hoo, only 11 lbs till onderland!! I'll be there by Feb or March!"

The difference is I KNOW I will get there, as before I always felt like there was this wall up!!

I feel that I have changed for the better. The lost weight has given me my energy back. I can exercise without pain. I am more social. I attend more activities and events. I am no longer hiding at home. And I feel more confident.