Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoughts Please

I need to nip this in the bud real quick.

Here's my story.

Surgery was Sept. 10th so I'm four months out. I've lost 48lbs since pre-op diet started. (August 25th) So I've done great so far.

I had my third fill this past Tuesday. I am now at 7cc's in my Realize band.

I think I felt more restriction with my 2nd fill and stayed full longer.

Anyways, I find that I am eating a lot more than I need to.

For example this morning I had an egg omelet for Breakfast. (consisted of 2 eggs, onion, b. pepper, and cheese)

About an hour later I had 3/4 cup cottage cheese with some yogurt mixed in.

For lunch(about 4 hours later) I had 3/4 cup tuna with mayo, peppers, and a few saltines.

I had two fudgsicles in between lunch and supper.

For supper I had 1 cup refried Beans with sour cream, cheese, salsa. Also, I had cottage cheese with Protein Powder.

Long story short to many calories and eating to much. It seems I can't get satisfied.

I honestly don't think I need more of a fill, I think it's more mental and some physcial.

I know my old past behaviors and my antenna has definitley come up so I thought I would reach out to the board.

TIA

Sandra

my opinion - your meals for the day consist of "soft foods" only....they are by nature easier to get down & you can eat more.

i would try solid Proteins (chicken/fish/lean meats) - they take more getting use to ; but might keep you satisfied longer.

just an observation.

First, congrats on the great weight loss so far.

It looks like you're eating a lot of soft foods. These foods tend to go through your band very quickly and are often high in calories.

The band is designed to keep solid food in the little pouch. The food slowly dribbles into the rest of your stomach. This means you get full fast and you stay full for a long time (4-5 hours).

Try eating more solid foods. For me, that means chicken or beef in sauce, veggies, and potatoes. Things like ice cream and cottage cheese go right through me...I'm hungry again an hour later.

Give it a few days and let us know how it goes.

Luluc I was thinking the same thing. I think if you tried less mushy stuff and more solid stuff you would feel a difference. I think the omelet is a great choice and I always add some meat to my omelet like sausage or something. Try some solid Proteins too and see if that helps.

I agree with the others, try Protein that has more substance to it and will not slide through so quickly. I have found that I stay full longer and feel more satisfied when I do that.

Make sure you are tracking your calories and measuring your food. I find that when I start leaning toward the slider foods, I start eating more, because it goes right through and it is easy to eat just a little bit more.

You have great weight loss so far! You can do this, it is great that you realize that some of your old habits are sneaking back in - you can put a stop to it right away and get back on track!

See this is where I think Protein first is a crock.

That looks absolutely horrible to me. Where is the fresh fruit and vegies?

If you were to chuck say an apple, a banana, a cup of steamed vegies into that mix, it would make a huge improvement, its not so much the amount as WHAT you're eating. That's all dense food calorie wise, and a lot of fat. You need to balance it out with low calorie, low fat foods that are mostly Water - you need the fibre, you definitely need the Vitamins, antioxidants and minerals and you just simply dont need that much energy dense food in a day.

I think trying to get tight enough to eat tiny quantities of dense food is the wrong approach, I think the amount can remain more reasonable if people would only eat some decent produce. Fudgsicles would be better replaced by some fresh fruit. 3/4 of a CUP of tuna is an enormous amount of tuna, I'd be more inclined to eat 1/4 of a cup of it on wholegrain crackers with some sliced Tomato.< /p>

Sorry, I know that many here would disagree with me as the Protein is the the main focus for many of you. Just my 2c though. I read that intake and think too many calories for very little nutritional variety.