Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days post op - still swollen left side????

I feel like I have a small brick in the middle and to the left of my port. I don't know if it is gas or is this normal. How long will it last??? Any comments would be appreciated. How long does it usually take for swelling to go down and your middle to feel normal.....

Is the area hot, red, inflamed, warm? Does it appear infected at all? Is the small brick you feel the actual port? Most people can feel the port right under the skin.

If you think there's any chance of infection based on heat or redness, call your doc pronto. I had 2 ports removed already due to infection. I felt hard lumps too, which was the tubing right under the skin.

This could be normal, but it wouldn't hurt to call your doc for good measure.

Thanks DeLarla for the comments....the area is not inflammed. They had to put a low profile port.....I carry my weight in my legs and hips....do you still feel your port or your band....

i had that feeling for atleast 2 weeks and i didnt have any infection.. i kept saying i felt like i had a baby on my left side .. trust me it is normal and fine... give yourself a little more time to heal..

I am nine days out and still have a very sore bloated left side. I too feel like I am carrying a baby there, even use a pillow to prop it at night. Gas has been a real problem with me, and nothing has helped, but time. I keep telling myself, it will get better..it will get better...

I am nine days out and still have a very sore bloated left side. I too feel like I am carrying a baby there, even use a pillow to prop it at night. Gas has been a real problem with me, and nothing has helped, but time. I keep telling myself, it will get better..it will get better...

it will get better just hang in there!!!... i had a lot of gas too..it is funny how it really feels like you have a baby in there especially when you have a lot of gas and the big blob on your side stars moving from all the gas LOL... i can laugh about it now since i am over that but i feel for you:cry

I am 4 days post op and still feel sore and bloated. I have expelled gas and lots of burps. I still get nuasea feeling when walking long distances but have pushed on. (like to store with DH). Now back home. This AM had terrible time with 4 days no bowel movement. Finnally fot a little relief after much straining. ANyone else have this?

Still not hungry but do drink some H2O, dilited juice, and some coffe. jJust had a SF popsicle and it set OK.

I am sure we will be better in time. I go back to work on Monday, one more day to recoup.

No one knew of this in my family and only 2 other friends who had it done before me.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Bonnie

I am 4 months out and STILL have a harder area near the port. It is not sore anymore but man oh man did I have some issues with port soreness the first 2-3 months.