Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fit into my "skinny" jeans this morning!

Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you that my "skinny" jeans are 1x with an elastic/drawstring waist.

At my heaviest, I would only admit to a size 2x, but honestly, even those were getting snug. When I lost my first 20 pounds, I tried on these 1x jeans and they were still uncomfortably tight in the thighs and caboose area. So, I've been reluctant to try on anything smaller in the past month.

Even though I only lost 2 pounds in December, I've added pilates to my walking routine. When I tried on the "skinny" jeans today, not only did they slide easily over my hips, but I actually had to tighten the drawstring to keep them up! I guess my body has become smaller even though the scale hasn't reflected a dramatic loss.

I was beginning to lose some of my enthusiasm recently, but this small NSV has given me renewed hope.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Hey congrats on the skinny jeans! Yes, exercise will help you lose inches and it may not be reflected on the scale. Losing inches is a great success...keep up the good work.

Congratulations. I am going to take pilates and yoga at the new health club hubby and I joined. And they have Water excercise too. So that will ge great

I loved it when I fit into my skinny jeans. they were size 18 now I'm into a 14 petite and they are getting big in the leg and fanny. Still fit in the waist, but that will go down some soon I hope.

It's these milestones that keep us going with the weight loss and diet.

Now when I get into a 10 or 8 jean I will really Celebrate LOL

WooHoo! What a Great NSV!

Yoga and Pilates have Def worked in my favor, I feel toner every day!

Don't worry about the scale as much, I dedicate alot of success to doing what feels right and only scaling at my Doctor Appointments. I have jumped sizes without jumping many lbs.

Size 26 to 16! It is truely amazing!

hi guys - how do you get your weight loss ticker thing onto your signature? i have one, but I can't seem to get it on here.... any chance you can help??

Mim,

How exciting.. I know how you feel... remember this feeling and keep those old big jeans. As you lose, the days that you may not be losing the "pounds" and are discouraged... try on those old big jeans. IT WILL PICK UP YOUR SPIRITS. Today is my one year anniversary of my surgery. I started in a size 26 jeans and wore size 12p out shopping today.

Congrads, and follow those banding rules.

Lois

Congrats!! It's an awesome feeling isn't it?!? I think I'm more proud of the inches lost than the pounds. I have measured myself fairly regularly since I started this journey. I find it helps my motivation especially when the scale won't budge. It's always a nice surprise to learn that I am actually loosing something. IMHO, inches lost are a better measure of what's going on with your body anyway. Weight can fluctuate from day to day, even hour to hour. Inches lost are inches lost! Way to go!! Keep up the great work!!

Congratulations on such a wonderful NSV. Keep up the great work :thumbup:

I always seem to lose inches even when the scale isn't moving.