Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Valentine's Day Challenge

Well I need a kick in the rear also. So I will shoot for 10 lbs. and be down to 165 by Valentine's Day. I have been the same weight now for almost 4 weeks. So I need to get another fill soon and get back on track.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi Everyone. I went for weigh in yesterday and i'm up 4 lbs. Very discouraged and confused this morning. I finally get up and go to the gym and start working out (last six days) and I gain weight. :laugh: Anyone else had this problem? Doc said not to get discouraged that I more than likely built up muscle and lost in inches since I feel like I've lost. Any advice?

I weighed in at 336 this morning so I'm down 5 lbs.

I'm in. Most people say not to set unrealistic goals but I find that they push me harder. Plus I've been working out hard and eating right so I expect to loose big this next week, thats how its worked so far anyway;

current 341

goal 299

42 lbs:cursing:

Doc said not to get discouraged that I more than likely built up muscle and lost in inches since I feel like I've lost. Any advice?

Maybe you should start taking your measurements, mommie2. It will give you a better idea of whether you're really losing. I used to plateau whenever I increased my exercise, esp if it was weight-bearing exercise, because I was building muscle.

Esp when you only just started exercising, I'm sure your body is madly building muscle at the moment.

I weighed today,since I'm going to be out of town tomorrow.

245.8, down 3.6 lbs since the start of the challenge. 6.4 to go!

Edited by MistyD65

Updating on my progress for the challenge! ;)

It's been a really good week for me (and I hope it continues!) as I'm down from 169.8lbs to 164.6lbs. So a loss of 5.2lbs so far.

Only 5.6lbs to go to my Valentines Day goal.

I'll shoot for 10lbs!

Now: 191.2

V-day: 181.2

Start: 191.2

Today: 189.1

Total: -2.1

Left: 7.9

Edited by heartfire
Forgot to put total still needed to lose

I am not doing so hot on this challenge. I have only lost 1 pound. I actually gained 5 (New Years party gone wild!) then lost 6. I probably won't meet goal at this rate but not giving up.

I would like to be part of the challenge. I would like to lose 8 pounds by Valentine's Day. I have been slacking a little so a challenge will help me.

Edited by Kaytaree

I am not doing so hot on this challenge. I have only lost 1 pound. I actually gained 5 (New Years party gone wild!) then lost 6. I probably won't meet goal at this rate but not giving up.

Hang in there.

I'm probably not going to hit it either. At this point, I'd have to lose 2lbs a week to make it. I never lose 2lbs a week consistently. AND at this point I'm only a few ounces down from last week so tomorrow doesn't look very good either! LOL!

My theory is that anything I've lost during this challenge is fantastic! I have a hard time losing, even with surgery, apparently, so as long as that scale is going in the right direction, I'm thrilled. I've never lost weight this consistently. Meaning, I'll have a week or 2 where it doesn't move but most weeks, I'm going down at least an ounce or so, most times a little more.

We can't give up! We've finally made the decision to do something for ourselves and our health and darn it! we're going to DO IT!!!!!

after having a great few weeks with weight loss, I've hurt my foot and haven't been able to exercise in over 4 days. I also had waaaaayyy too much to eat over the Australia Day long weekend just passed, not to mention the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed. But hey, sometimes you have to live a little, right?

My scales this morning say I've GAINED 3 lbs, and I hope that's an after-effect of the weekend and will be gone by this Friday. Either way my foot is far less sore, so I will be back on the bike tonight, and will burn the weight off if I have to. I also realised over the weekend that my eating capaicty has increased again, so I think I may actually need another small fill again soon. Have booked an appt with my Dr for early Feb.

I just had a thought. If I make the challenge I will be in "ONEDERLAND" woohoo!! I hope I make it.

Let's hope so!

Please post all info for the challenge on the weekly updates so I can keep track easier.

Thanks!