Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 29th anyone????

Just wondering if anyone else out there is getting banded on the 29th of Jan????

If so I would love to chat with you for support etc.

Thanks

Bel:thumbup:

I'm so close... just 1 day after you! What steps do you have left? I have pre-op nutrition on the 7th and then a pre-op physical on the 14th.

Hi,

Glad to hear some people are the end of the month. I am Jan 28 (tentatively pending tests). I have my psych appt :tongue_smilie:on Mon and then my doctor on Friday 1/9. I will schedule my preops at that time.

I am having the surgery at Brighmans and Womens's hospital, how about you both... :confused:

Not looking forward to preop diet... :cursing:

I am having the surgery at Brighmans and Womens's hospital, how about you both... :confused:

Not looking forward to preop diet... :cursing:

Jean, that's an excellent hospital! One of my co-workers daughters had her band there in Sept '08. She's doing great & has lost a bunch of weight already. I'll find out who her surgeon was. I'm having mine at St. Vincent's in Worcester. What is your pre-op diet consisting of and when do you have to start it? I only have to do 1 day of Clear liquids only.

I have 2 weeks of pre-op diet. 2-3 shakes a day, small meal for lunch or dinner. Otherwise a few popsicles, jellos and clear broths. I have to start on the 14th. I am not going to start early because so many people talk about how hard it is, why make me crazy!:confused:

From what I have heard. St. Vincents is really good too :cursing:

Hi Ladies!

Good to see there are a few of us sneaking in before the end of Jan!

I have a full day of appointments on the 16th of Jan. I have a three hour flight to where I am having the surgery done (I live in the middle of nowhere!) so they do it all on the one day. I have to start Optifast on the 15th and then fly back down again on the 28th to have surgery!

I am having it done in Brisbane, Queensland at the Wesley hospital.

Bel

I had expected my surgery to be in February but the doctors office called yesterday and said they had an opening for January 29th. What a nice surprise! I am having it done by Dr. Shina at Saint Catherine Regional Hospital in Charlestown, Indiana.

Dear Bella,

I don't know the details of the pre op diet yet. My plans had been to have the surgery in February. I had my doctor consultation on 12/11. Then I had appointments with the pulmonologist and the psychiatrist. Both gave their approval but I still have to see the nutritionist and the cardiologist. The nurse from the doctor's office called yesterday and asked if I would want to have the surgery on January 29th due to a cancellation. I told her sure but I didn't have all of my necessary appointments done. She said that wasn't a problem that she would schedule them for the same day and call me back on Monday. She said the only other thing was a two week pre op diet but I don't know the details at this time.

It's really nice to talk to someone having surgery on the same day. It doesn't seem real to me yet because I had been expecting a February surgery but I am really excited about it. I see you are from Australia! My 17 year old daughter visited Australia two years ago on a People to People Student Ambassador trip. She loved everything about Australia.

JeanAngell and Sar -- it is great to see some folks from Massachusetts here!

My date is January 15th at Baystate in Springfield!! I will be sure to check in with any "advice" between the 15th and the end of the month for you! :tt2:

Hi everyone! Guess I'm coming in close too. I'm being banded on the 27 in Cornell Hospital in NY by Dr Pomp. I can hardly wait! I only need to do 2 days of liquid diet, but was advised to lose some weight before surgery by doing some exercise and some lifestyle changes (practice, you know!) anyway, I did lots of reading both books and online and feel sort of ready though I still need to purchase my Protein Shakes and chewable vitamins and stuff. good luck to all and see you around on lbt!

Hi Ladies!

Good to see there are a few of us sneaking in before the end of Jan!

I have a full day of appointments on the 16th of Jan. I have a three hour flight to where I am having the surgery done (I live in the middle of nowhere!) so they do it all on the one day. I have to start Optifast on the 15th and then fly back down again on the 28th to have surgery!

I am having it done in Brisbane, Queensland at the Wesley hospital.

Bel

What is Optifast?

Hi everyone! Guess I'm coming in close too. I'm being banded on the 27 in Cornell Hospital in NY by Dr Pomp. I can hardly wait! I only need to do 2 days of liquid diet, but was advised to lose some weight before surgery by doing some exercise and some lifestyle changes (practice, you know!) anyway, I did lots of reading both books and online and feel sort of ready though I still need to purchase my Protein Shakes and chewable vitamins and stuff. good luck to all and see you around on lbt!

Hey, I am also the 27th. I can't wait. I just finished watching a 30 minute video on the surgery. Now I am getting worried. When you are getting you stuff together don't forget the GASX Strips. I have heard they work great. Keep in touch. I tried to start my diet yesterday and then fell off the wagon last night.

I just found out this weekend that I am scheduled for the 29th! I am super nervous about this huge life change, but am glad that it is almost here...I start the pre-op diet on the 15th and have a full day of pre-op testing on the 16th. I hope we are able to keep in touch and track progress and support one another!

Kristil