Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay guys this is a funny story that happened to me a little while back--has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yes, today was hard. I was doing good and more determined than ever to beat this fat monster smothering the tiny woman inside of me. As my first attempt to not think of food—I simply went out with a friends. We were at the Verizon store looking at phones when it hit me. The yearning craving for cookies—warm, gooey, out of the oven, homemade chocolate chip Cookies. I swear, I smelled them too right there in that store.

My friend laughed and said detox from food you must be hard, there are no cookies. My mother said it must have been a phantom smell. All I wanted today was a cookie and glass of icy milk. But no, I hate my lettuce.

On top of these cravings for cookies, this week is “dead week”, or the week before finals in college. I was stressed beyond believe and all I wanted to do was to gnaw on some delicious piece of deep fried heart attack food. And so I went to the main lobby of my dorm seeking a distraction, and there it was! A care package from home, that my poor mother had forgotten she sent at the begining of school.

I had never received a care package and skipped ,with this cute decorate large-no gigantic- tub, up to my room to see what was in. I sat down on the bed in a comfy position and carefully opened to lid.

Oh my God--Cookies, candy, hot chocolate, all the junk food in the world right there making my mouth water! In fact I swear I heard those Oreo Cakesters yell, “Eaaat me! I will help the stress.” Naturally I wanted to eat those Oreos without the imaginary voice coming from it.

But the healthy woman inside of me who is already lost in my body of fat did not thing that was a good idea. I literally through that bucket across the room and naturally like a girl cried for about a good hour. Those cookies look good, but I know being a size 8 will look even better.

So--does anyone else ever randomly smell food that isn't there? :Yawn:

Edited by Kareen022

Awwww, what willpower!!!!! You are doing so great!! Happy New Year!

Congratulations on not eating those cookies! I've probably smelled them, but I can't remember anything specific at the moment. What I have done though ...?

A friend and coworker brought me a huge box of Oreos from costco, the kind that has maybe ten "sleeves" with a million Cookies in each. He's done this before, and I used to eat most of them, taking some home to share with my roommate. The last time he brought them, I took them immediately to my department. There are lots of guys, young guys, who went through them like nobody's business, and I didn't have one!

OMG I'm so proud of you! I hate to admit I probably would have eaten the Cookies first and cried later! lol. Hang in there girlie! Next time you smell cookies, picture yourself in those size 8 jeans and plug your nose. lol. Good luck!

Wow, that was willpower not to eat them. Good for you, I'm not so sure what I would have done in that situation.

Keep up the good work.

THANKS ya'll for the support. I totally have willpower, but it was hard as heck.

Would you believe I baked 4 dozen Cookies by myself 7 days after surgery for Christmas? God that was fun. And not a single bit. hahaha-

I am glad to hear some of y'all are smelling random things too though.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Y'all!!! :tongue2: