Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI Need motivation buddy

Hi, I'm Diane, I live in New Hampshire, in the Lakes Region. I actually had my lapband done in February 14, 2006...at first, probably in the first 4 months I lost close to 60 pounds. Then it came the summer and when I went for my monthly check up, I gained 2 pounds and my doctor was really pissed, so I got right back on the bandwagon and lost for a few more months, then before my next appointment, I discovered that junk food went down easier than meat and I gained a few more pounds again and I said to myself no way, i'm not going to get screamed at again so I never went back and after 2 years, I have actually gained back about 25 pounds....I'm very embarresed, when people see me and know i had the surgery a while ago....and my regular doctor said to me well I guess this is another one 0f your weight loss ideas that didn't work!! So as the new year approaches, i'm again going to swear off buying and eating junk food. My wonderful hubby has just found out that he has diabetes and I have to start making him eat right...and that would be a lot easier if i'm also eating right. So i'm hoping for a motivational buddy that is on my back making sure there is no sweets in my house....I am 53 and live in New Hampshire, I have 3 adult boys and 3 grandsons, and am expecting my first grandaughter in May.....part of the reason that I want to get healthy is to enjoy my grandaughter. But really, I am a lot of fun, and even though i'm serious about getting back on the wagon, I still have my crazy personality to keep you hopping.:laugh:

Diane

Welcome to LapBandTalk!

Here is my advice: find a new surgeon who doesn't scream and get a fill! The band needs fills to work and you need a surgeon to get fills.

Join us on the over 50's thread. It's a very supportive group and there are a lot of us there supporting each other. There are a lot of new people who haven't had their bands very long, as well as some of us who have had it awhile.

Sometimes getting a fill is not the answer. If you can eat small portions of healthy food and not get hungry then you probably don't need one. I can relate to eating the junk that makes anyone gain weight. Unfortunately, the junk food goes down the easiest. Sometimes, people are just too tight and the junk food goes down the best.

Well Howdy Ms. Diane,

My name is Kareen (car+een). I myself am only 20 and live in Texas! But I would love to help encourage you in any way that I can. I know how hard it is to stay on track, but you can do this!

Congratulations on your new grandaugter by the way. I bet she is going to be just gorgeous. I want you to live a long time to see her grow up. :thumbup:

As far as your doctor, he obviously doesn't know patcients. I know he was frustrated, but when you yell at people for gaining they'll do just what you did. But don't be discouraged! You can do this. You first step you already too by coming on here looking for support. I am ready to give it to you! My second peice of advice is to call around and try to find a new doctor and explain the whole situation to him. Now, the other part of this though is realizing that when you do gain--you might get yelled at. Now this Dr. may have been off his rocker, I wasn't there, however I do know that he was probably just trying to keep you on track.

But lets do this for you and for your health!!! I would love to send you e-mails or just talk to you on here. Anything that is easier.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear from you!!!

:Yawn: