Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op testing done (Just my babbling)

I finally got my preop testing done a week before surgery date! They "forgot" to call me and set up a time, thank god one nurse spotted this! So it went good! While taking my BP the nurse looked at me and said "Girl you got skinny arms! Let me get out my smaller arm cuff." LOL made my day to hear someone say I had skinny arms.

I have been real nervous lately about the 5th. This is my FIRST surgery ever. So I chatted with the nutritionist today (shes a gastric patient as well) and she made me feel so much at ease! She really gave me confidence that I will be just fine. I asked her if I had to wait to have sex and she said 'Do you think you can wait until you leave the hospital?' :wink2:

My husband has a demanding job and wont be able to be there for my surgery so I am bummed but my MIL is flying in to take care of me for a few days.

I can't sleep thinking about surgery over and over again. So talk to me! How are you feeling as the date approaches?

The closer I'm getting the more nervous I'm getting and my surgery is not until the 14th. I just started my Optifast this morning and I couldn't sleep last night wondering if it would taste okay and if I would be hungry.

I'm a bit like both of you. I finished all my testing & visits etc. day before yesterday and have never had an operation or even been a patient in a hospital before. My surgery is also on the 14th, but I get to start my liver shrinking on the 1st.

It's not Optifast but more of a modified South Beach--Slim Fast or Carnation Instant and some small Protein meal for dinner.

I went out & bought the different foods that I'm allowed-my husband knows what a picky eater I am and we're both hoping I like all this stuff.

I put the surgery off this past spring since I was so nervous (I'd get a real bad feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I thought about it) I don't get that feeling now and I know I'm ready.

Being in a hospital is kinda freaking me out-but I'm going to do everything they tell me with the hopes that I can get out the night of the surgery--the nurse practitioner at the surgeons office said that's always a possiblity.

I'm not an alcoholic but one day at a time is how I'm thinking of this

hi my surgery date is january 13th.it,s been a long process so far, i went to a seminar in march08,then my pcp recomended me to a doctor in newhaven,at first i was hesitant because i don,t drive but then i found out i could take the bus, i had to do 6months dietian classes, finish them sept 3rd,if i had known to do pre-op testing a head of time.maybe i could have had surgery sooner,buti had to make my own doctors appointments,always follow up on your own,i was waiting for the biatric nurse to make them wrong.well that,s Water under the bridge.from sept3rd.to january 13th. that,s ten months.i.ve lost 40lbs so far, i go for pre-admission testing monday the 5th.an do a one on one session with the doctor.then two weeks after surgery.i am feeling nervous.that,s 5months i had to wait. in the mean time i exercise 6 days a week sometimes twice a day. i started practiceing the day of my dietiam classes. my doctor don,t require a pre-op diet.so glad.good luck to everyone this new year. sil

hi

my day is jan 22 and im nervous too. in 95 i had abt 8 surgeries in a 4 month period yet im still nervous. that was years ago though and i wasn't nervous then, odd. anyway i understand where you all are coming from b/c its surgery. i start my pre-op on 1/8 and im looking for a drink starting tomorrow. i really need some tasty recipes.

good luck to you all

Hey I am there too! I am just as nervous as each of you. My band is going to be placed on the 8th. Prayers are with everyone and we are all going to be just fine.