Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill scheduled....3 weeks post op?

I had my post op dr visit on Monday. The dr said everything looks great and is healing great. I am on mushies for a week then solids. I have my first fill scheduled for 1/14. I realized that is only 22 days post op. I thought "normal" guidelines are 4-6 weeks? Anyone have any thought on that? I trust my dr and have been in his program for 6 months so I know he knows what he is doing but 22 days seems rather short when some people are still on mushies then?

Seems really fast to me too. 22 days is just at 3 weeks...I couldn't even have FISH etc until week 4-5. Maybe he miscounted? I don't think I would've even been ready for a fill then...my "innards" were kind of still getting used to the band etc. But hey, he's the pro!

I received my first fill 4 weeks post-op. Had some problems with nausea and vomiting and had to remove .5cc so in total I received a 1 cc fill to the already 3cc that was in from surgery. The problems happened quickly and at the office I think my stomach went into spasms, as I was sore for 3-4 days after. Next fill February.

4-6 weeks for me.

I was told that they don't schedule fills, but it's up to me to decide when I'm not feeling full any longer on solids and get physical hunger. Maybe double check?

I'm no where near ready for fills and I was actually

banded a week before you were. Had something stuck today for the first time.Gosh, not a comfy feeling!:wink2:

My first fill was 4 weeks. My Dr. went to seminar and found out that the sooner your full the better your success and most patients can't wait 6 weeks. Do you have any Fluid in your band right now?

I had my surgery on 12/16/08. My first fill is scheduled for 1/9. That is also 3 weeks. This week I am on soft solids, (fish, eggs)

I was banded Dec. 19. I saw my dr Monday (Dec. 30) and he said everything looked great and to come back in four weeks (Jan 27). He said I *might* be able to get my first fill then. That would put me three days shy of 6 weeks.

I was banded on the 18th and just saw my doctor for post-op Tuesday...he scheduled my first fill for 1/14...so right at 4 weeks. I guess they are all different, but if you are concerned give him a call and just verify or ask to wait another week or so. I would be a little leary just because the incision at my port site is still very tender...I don't want a needle getting anywhere near it right now. On the other hand, with each passing day I am feeling better and hungrier so I don't want to wait until I have regained all the weight lost during pr-op and just after surgery. Go with your gut, and good luck.

Steph

I was banded on the 18th and just saw my doctor for post-op Tuesday...he scheduled my first fill for 1/14...so right at 4 weeks. I guess they are all different, but if you are concerned give him a call and just verify or ask to wait another week or so. I would be a little leary just because the incision at my port site is still very tender...I don't want a needle getting anywhere near it right now. On the other hand, with each passing day I am feeling better and hungrier so I don't want to wait until I have regained all the weight lost during pr-op and just after surgery. Go with your gut, and good luck.

Steph

Thats exactly how I feel. I want the fill becuase I am hungrier each day more and more but my port is still a little tender. Yet, like you said, each day I feel better and better. If I dont get the fill on the 14th, my backup at work is having surgery the 19th so I wont be able to take ANY time off for appts until he is back, minimum of 2-3 weeks!

My doctor won't do the first fill until 6 weeks - but after the first fill, it's up to us when we want to come back - we can do it every 2 weeks if wanted. I just had my first fill, I can still eat anything but in moderation. I haven't hit my sweet spot yet but I can't eat the portions that I did before surgery.