Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever had their band leak? I had 1.5 put in on 6/30 and went back 2 days ago and it was all gone. I had a fill of 1.2 that day and felt tightness but it is gone now. The doctoer said sometimes the band leaks. I am just wondering what they do it is "faulty"? Anyone know?

I'm the leak queen and becuse of my leak i've been re-banded. Most lesks are in the port, very easy to be re-placed.

Do a search in the above bar for "Just my luck back to Mexico" under Vera or any other leaks stuff I said. (hypo-link??? help Penni?)

There are leak checks your doc can perform

any questions PM me

good luck

You have a very reputable surgeon, so my guess is whateve he decides to do is gonna be good.

Ive heard that they try using a thicker fill liquid to help "seal" a possible pin hole leak. This is just what Ive heard.

When I talked to Don Mills back in March 05, he said a solution other than saline was not recomended by Inamed and has asked that those who use it to sign a release of liability.

Omniplaque is use to check for leaks. It is put in during a flouroscopy X-ray then removed once the leak is found.

There might be a new solution by now that I don't know about??

Hi

I definetely know that my dr uses something different than saline.I forgot to check the name of it.Will find out what it is when I go back.

Just got off the phone with the doctors office and I have an appointment for tomorrow to see if they can pull any saline out that was put in last Tuesday. I don't think they will get anything. I have no restriction what so ever. If there is no saline I will be sent to the surgery center for an x-ray to see if there is a leak. Wish me luck. I just want this to get to where is should be so I can get a move on!! It has been two months and I am getting really upset about it now. It just has not been what I have expected so I hope they do find a leak so they can fix it and I can start being a LOSER!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

When I talked to Don Mills back in March 05, he said a solution other than saline was not recomended by Inamed and has asked that those who use it to sign a release of liability.

Omniplaque is use to check for leaks. It is put in during a flouroscopy X-ray then removed once the leak is found.

There might be a new solution by now that I don't know about??

Vera, your info is newer then mine. I read about this "thicker saline" last fall - so No, Im not aware of any new solution they are using either.

Newlife4me,

as I read your last post, I was reminded WHY I (and most of us) chose the band... because it CAN be fixed.

Keep your chin up! Like I said earlier, you have an awesome surgeon, and he will find the problem!

Paula

I know it will work soon, I just want it now! Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

Update please!

Just got off the phone with the doctors office and I have an appointment for tomorrow to see if they can pull any saline out that was put in last Tuesday. I don't think they will get anything. I have no restriction what so ever. If there is no saline I will be sent to the surgery center for an x-ray to see if there is a leak. Wish me luck.

Did they do a flouro-xray leak check with omniplaque?

Went thru a bunch of tests with regular saline. The fill that I had last Tuesday was gone again when I went in this week. They sent me over to do the x-ray which showed no leak. They ended up putting 1.0 cc of omniplaque in and leaving it in. They could not however explain where the sline is going. Both fills with the saline just dissappeared. Kind of freaky! Anyway, we will see how this does in the next week or so and I will go back when the kids start school and have this level checked. When the nurse put in 1.5 cc of saline, asked me to go eat something and come back and she checked it again and it was already down to 1.2 cc. That was in a matter of 30 minutes. Seems to boggle everyone but the doc said he has seen it before but still could not offer any insight as to where it is going... who knows. I just want it to start working so I can get the show on the road!! Thanks for asking and I will keep you posted on what is happening.

Hi Newlife4me (and others who have gone through this!)

Boy do I feel your pain! When they were checking under flouro for a leak, did they follow the band all the way down to the port? My first band had a leak in the balloon portion of the actual band. You could see the omniplaque 'whisping' out in long streams around the band under flouro. I kept going for fills and would come back 3 weeks later with nothing there... I basically went through this for 7 months and hadn't lost any weight except for what came off immediately after surgery (all liquid stage)... I got my second band in August and even though I am probably the slowest "loser" in recorded history after a year with my new band I am making progress. I have kept every fill given to my new band... now if I could find my right level I would be alright... but that is another long drawn out story.

My doctor does not recommend using omniplaque or anything other than saline in the band, so I was lucky that my insurance covered my second band as well.

I hope everything works out for you and that no band or port replacement is necessary... but if you do have to get a new band, if it is any concellation I recovered so much quicker and with less pain after my second surgery.

Take Care,

My surgeon told me when they placed my band they found a leak in it. (I am not sure how they knew this, but glad they discovered this.) So they removed the first band and replaced it with a second band. I wont have a first fill for about 5 weeks. I was just banded...then rebanded July 29th.

Tricia

It's been a long time...I'm so glad they found your leak and you got it fix! what an ordeal, sound a bit like my hole in the kink.

Welcome home!

Hi Sass, If your in my neighborhood, you better come see me.

Pam, most docs fill the band during placement to insure it all works, then unfill it. Congratulations.