Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oprah's an idiot

It's nice to see all you fine women are now seeing what us men have seen and known for years. DOWN WITH OPRAH!!!!

I've thought she was an idiot since the first time I realized who she was..

Oh but that book a Million Tiny Pieces (or whatever) wasn't her book, it was just a book that a supposed recovering addict wrote, as a non-fiction biography..so she had him on her show and glorified him, then it came out this guy wrote it fictionally.. and she looked bad, but the actual book had nothing to do with her, and she didn't write the book.. the guy fooled everybody. A friend from LBT told me about the book, I bought it and started reading it (fiction or not, didn't matter much to me), but it was a slow start and I never finished it.

Edited by FairyFacade

I've thought she was an idiot since the first time I realized who she was..

Oh but that book a Million Tiny Pieces (or whatever) wasn't her book, it was just a book that a supposed recovering addict wrote, as a non-fiction biography..so she had him on her show and glorified him, then it came out this guy wrote it fictionally.. and she looked bad, but the actual book had nothing to do with her, and she didn't write the book.. the guy fooled everybody. A friend from LBT told me about the book, I bought it and started reading it (fiction or not, didn't matter much to me), but it was a slow start and I never finished it.

The smoking gun website exposed that guy in a hysterically funny article.

Same with WLS. She has proven that she is yet another diet failure, yet she runs down OTHERS who choose this tool for themselves.

I didn't realize that she has dissed WLS. (Because I don't pay any attention to her anymore.) What has she said??

I used to dis it, too, BTW. *Dodging tomatoes.* :bolt:I was ignorant of the facts and threatened by people that were brave enough to take this step.

Anyway, what did Oprah say about it?

I don't watch Oprah because I find her show very boring - boring topics interrupted by endless commercial breaks. Ugh! I find Dr. Phil very boring, too. I do think that Oprah is an extraordinarily talented and very beautiful woman. She is a fine actress. And she seems to want to make a difference in this world. This is a good thing.

I don't watch Oprah because I find her show very boring - boring topics interrupted by endless commercial breaks. Ugh! I find Dr. Phil very boring, too. I do think that Oprah is an extraordinarily talented and very beautiful woman. She is a fine actress. And she seems to want to make a difference in this world. This is a good thing.

Well said... written. ;o)

I disagree. I don't think that Oprah is ignorant. In fact she makes a point of being well informed. I don't agree with her opinion concerning weight loss surgery and I suspect that I would have little interest in many of the topics that she deals with. This is because I am not raising a family, I don't cook, and I don't have spiritual or financial problems - and these seem to be the issues that she deals with on her show. Apart from the fact that we both like to read, Oprah and I have little in common, I would guess. But she is certainly not an ignorant woman.

I disagree. I don't think that Oprah is ignorant. In fact she makes a point of being well informed. I don't agree with her opinion concerning weight loss surgery and I suspect that I would have little interest in many of the topics that she deals with. This is because I am not raising a family, I don't cook, and I don't have spiritual or financial problems - and these seem to be the issues that she deals with on her show. Apart from the fact that we both like to read, Oprah and I have little in common, I would guess. But she is certainly not an ignorant woman.

Nope, not ignorant... just an idiot. :sneaky:

Here I was looking at this one, expecting that it was about her recent confessions that she had blown her diet again (like any of us had doubted that one).

So, she got taken in, just like book publishers, movie makers and lots of other people. If that's the most stupid thing she has done, oh well.

Here I was looking at this one, expecting that it was about her recent confessions that she had blown her diet again (like any of us had doubted that one).

So, she got taken in, just like book publishers, movie makers and lots of other people. If that's the most stupid thing she has done, oh well.

I don't know that it's THE most stupid thing she's done... just the most recent. :sneaky:

I'd be hard pressed to top her latest blunder. She told Kate Winslet "I so glad you have real breasts" WTF kind of thing is that to say to anyone, & how come she took such note of it?:thumbup: Even Ellen topped her favorite Christmas gifts this year. Oprah went with cheap & free (why? she is rich as hell) & Ellen gave away some awesome crap.