Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am new here - banded on Dec. 26 and enjoying the painful throes of serious gas - which is much less of a concern after reading about the experiences of many others here. What a great site.

I have been losing weight before banding for a number of months - pre-op weight was 247 lbs. - down from a pre-LMR (liquid meal replacement) program weight of 317 lbs. I started the LMR in August 2008.

This is the second phase of the journey. I appreciate reading your experiences and hope I can help someone also.

FloridaJed

Welcome to LapBandTalk!

Be sure to check out the Mens Forum, if you haven't already.

Hi,

I am new here - banded on Dec. 26 and enjoying the painful throes of serious gas - which is much less of a concern after reading about the experiences of many others here. What a great site.

I have been losing weight before banding for a number of months - pre-op weight was 247 lbs. - down from a pre-LMR (liquid meal replacement) program weight of 317 lbs. I started the LMR in August 2008.

This is the second phase of the journey. I appreciate reading your experiences and hope I can help someone also.

FloridaJed

Welcome and congratulations! What a nice Christmas present :tongue2: You will love this site, it is so helpful and everyone is very supportive. I am assuming you live in FL? Whereabouts? I am in Tallahassee.

Deb

Hi Deb,

I live in Jacksonville. Retired from the Navy here in 2002 and now work for General Dynamics.

Into my fourth day post-op now and feel like I am recovering pretty well. My wife and I took a drive yesterday down to Interlaken area to look for potential lake house getaway property. After 5 hours in the car, I was definitely ready to get out and rest but it was such an awesome day.

I am going to start squishy food transition in earnest now. Having been on liquid meals for so long, I am used to this but want to test out and begin practicing the long term eating habits I expect to adopt once I find my sweet spot.

Nice chatting with you. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jed

Hi Deb,

I live in Jacksonville. Retired from the Navy here in 2002 and now work for General Dynamics.

Into my fourth day post-op now and feel like I am recovering pretty well. My wife and I took a drive yesterday down to Interlaken area to look for potential lake house getaway property. After 5 hours in the car, I was definitely ready to get out and rest but it was such an awesome day.

I am going to start squishy food transition in earnest now. Having been on liquid meals for so long, I am used to this but want to test out and begin practicing the long term eating habits I expect to adopt once I find my sweet spot.

Nice chatting with you. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jed

Jed,

It sounds like you are doing great at only four days post-op. How wonderful. Sounds like a nice drive you had but I know what you mean about being ready to get out of the car. I remember after 1 hour thinking, ok, enough of this, lol. I had my surgery in Denver and a few days after surgery my husband and I thought it would be nice to drive west to see the mountains. I thought we would just sort of drive by and think oh how pretty and then go back to the hotel. Well, my husband had other ideas and we went to a park at an elevation of 75,000 feet. Just after surgery that was not as pleasant as I would have liked. Breathing and walking both proved pretty difficult. But it sure was beautiful. You will be so happy to get on squishy foods. It is quite a learning curve to chew as much as you need to and eat slowly but when done properly, this band really does work. It is an amazing tool. Lots of luck to you.

Deb

A mountain adventure at high altitude - now that is a lap band recovery story told with style!

I have never been to Colorado but hope to see it someday soon. I will be traveling to San Diego alot later this year and may snag a flight diversion and lay over there to check things out.

Recovery still going well with the exception of some very stubborn pain at the port site. That rascal is sore and is really the only pain I feel now 5 days post-op.

Happy New Year!