Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Book Recommendations

So, I thought I would start a thread where people can post their favorite Banding and weight Loss books. I really liked "Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band" by Robert Sewell. Tell me your favorite!

Lap Band for Life by Dr. Ariel Ortiz

"Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band" This is one of the books that I have been thinking about getting. What do you like about it? I have looked in all the book stores near me and they all say that I have to order it that they don't keep it in the stores. I like to thumb through a book before I buy it and make sure that it is what I want. I don't wnat a cookbook though. Some recipes would be great, but I want much more than that. Do you think that this book would fit what I am looking for?

Karen

I ordered it on Amazon. I think you can preview books on there. I like that it gives real people examples in every chapter. It really gives you strategies to get through things. Also, they summarize the strategies in a list at the end of each chapter. Like, one chapter has ways to get rid of head hunger. I feel that this book is the first one that I've read that is truly practical and not just what I would call a lecture.

The owner's manual. The book that comes with the band, inside the box....the one the surgeon is supposed to give you.

This book tells you EXACTLY what the procedure is, how it's performed....tells you EXACTLY what the recommendations are for adjustments - when to fill, when to not fill.

I love it. Was the only book I needed and it was FREE.

My son and his financee gave me "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" for Christmas. She had even gone through and put sticky notes on certain pages. What a great support group! The book was very easy to follow and gave lots of tips from before surgery, through and years after.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches