Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited and ferret like! Got a surgeon!

I don't know how that's ferret like but Imma roll with it! I'm super excited because I got a different doctor for NorCal Kaiser and everything seems to be going at lightening speed. On one note, I wanted to say, damn it feels good to say, "Yes I'm overweight, yes I am fat, but I want to make it better." I love saying this to my doctors, for YEARS I've had to deal with my doctors repeatedly telling me "You're really obese, you need to lose weight, blah blah..." as if I didn't already know it, as if I was ignorant of the fact that I was very whale-like and having edema problems with my feetsies for no reason x.X OMG it's so liberating to finally say YES I KNOW!! Now can you help me make get some long term help now??! The new doctor I have couldn't be nicer and was all for the surgery. My husband came and has been the pinnacle of helpfulness, even when his annoying aunt *who btw HAD a gastric bypass 3 years ago* bluntly told me I wasn't 300+ pounds so I need to just get cracking to the gym... >.< the nerve really lol! He abruptly told her, "Ya thank you, we'll get right on it ma'am." Oooo them's fightin' words! She hates being called ma'am since she's the type that believes that is an "old persons" title. :tongue_smilie: thank you husband :D

I'm so glad I found this site, I would have been totally overwhelmed and was feeling quite alone with my thoughts before I came here. :)

So apparently I need to lose 10 percent or so of my body weight to show commitment and then take it from there. Geez things feel like they're going too quickly, but I'm sure there will be other snags/issues along the way. But things are looking positive :)

Great news! I have Kaiser too. Have you been referred to bariatrics yet or are you dealing with your PCP? I'll be banded in Richmond, CA and live in the Sac area...you?

This journey is so exciting and has been moving very fast for me too! :tongue_smilie:

Welcome Ferret

I am in Sac and going through Richmond Kaiser.

I have had orientation and am waiting now for the next call for an appointment.

I had to wait a month to get referred to Bariatrics. My doctor wanted to have me go to a class first for 56 weeks. Took me a month to convince her that I have already been there and done that.

The orientation was informative. Hoping to get my next two appointments done by Jan 31, 2008 and the 10% lost by March.

It is a long frustrating process for sure. Gotta keep plugging away and taking it a day at a time.

I've been referred to bariatrics I suppose? On the 14th I have orientation and such, then see surgeon after that. I'm in Modesto/Manteca/Stockton area (not by choice lol).