Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok confession time - who "fell off the wagon" during the holidays?

I really don't think a couple of shots of rum will hurt you for a special occassion like new years. Although you will have to let us know how it does affect your stomach.

I just am looking forward to next week getting back to be able to have solids. Sure a very small amount and have to chew chew chew but still back to real foods. LOL

My doctor allows sodas that aren't flat. He says the carbonation thing is a myth. Your stomach is a strong muscle.. bubbles aren't going to burst it. He also said I could drink wine. Didn't ask about beer though since blech and I was a mountain dew drinker before.. so diet soda tastes gross to me anyway.

I discovered Isopure today since I'm at work and there's a Vitamin world nearby and I wanted to buy some chewable Vitamins. It's pretty cool. Tastes like jolly ranchers. MUCH better then the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shakes. I'm soooo sick of them.

It's funny how this goes back to differing doctors and differing opinions. For me, I am not going to chance it.

It's funny how this goes back to differing doctors and differing opinions. For me, I am not going to chance it.

Ditto - not worth chancing it!

I agree I don't want to even test the soda. Although my doctor says I can drink flat soda if I wan't but that doesn't sound good. Jokingly he said that I could have a carbonated soda if I wanted but I probably won't want one ever again because you get really gassy. I had some wine on xmas though and it went down fine.

Well, a pre-new years eve confession - I am going to have a couple of shots of Cruzan coconut rum. One of my employees gave me a bottle - wife and I are going to enjoy ourselves without going overboard.

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH!

Wife and I just had a shot of Cruzan Coconut Rum - WOW - HOLY COW - I've NEVER had this much of a buzz of of just one shot! I can feel it down in my TOES! SO CAN SHE!

Stomach is doing good though! No issues!

Makes for a cheap holiday buzz!

Hey, everyone, seriously, have a wonderful New Year and I look forward to being side by side with all of you for a long time to come!

<pouring 2nd shot> Here's to a long life - and skinniness!

HAHAHA good news flash! have a good time tonight!

I have been wondering if alcohol would effect us differently now, kind of sounds like it will. Thanks for the info.

I did fall of the wagon a bit at Christmas, but I am NOT one bit guilty! It was Christmas! My downfall was eating between meals, Snacks (cookies, pies, etc). Now in saying that I had not even a fourth of what I used to eat, so I still consider that a success! My theory is that I still have to live my life, and at certain times I am going to have a cookie in between meals. As long as I have one cookie on occasion, and not the entire bag I consider that a success! I only lost 1/2 lb Christmas week, but that is still a loss :tongue2:!

I hope 2009 has been great for everyone so far!

O.K sooooo I totally cheated on new years....Or so I thought...I had thin crust Tomato pizza, about 10 chocolate covered raisins AND ice cream.:thumbup:..I didn't care I was cheating on purpose I thought I was going whole hog it was sooo good I felt pretty smug with myself ....so when I went and entered every thing in my food log for that day I was SHOCKED :scared2:that I hadn't really cheated I had only eaten 1,210 calories, 108 carbs, 81 grams of fat and 81 grams of protein.....yeah my carbs and fat were higher than I like but still not that bad (I even lost 2 pounds since)....THAT SAID...I don't plan on cheating again any time soon..I plan on eating the healthy way I have since I got banded!!

But let me say this loud and clear I LOVE MY BAND!:thumbup: