Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Band adjustment

I'm going in for my first band adjustment on December 29th.

I've got a large sized band.

I can eat virtually everything in terms of both types of food and quantity.

What suggestion should I make for how much saline to put in?

I'm thinking I should do half a fill. Does that make sense?

Any advise you can give me please?

hello

not sure you will be actually able to say how much you want being your first one

most surgeons seem to have their own routine for the first n second fill

my first was 3 mils and my surgeon routinely seems to give that for the first.....im 15 mths banded and havent needed a fill for 6 mths my last one was only .25 of a mil

be guided by your surgeon and once you start to get used to some change in your food intake and also feel some restriction then its easier for us personally to get a feel for what we think we might need

and dont compare your fill amount to anyone else cause we are all so very different

I have a 10 mil band with 4.75 mils in and i have a very tight band...by choice

others can have the same band and may have 7 or 8 mils

so its very different for each of us

good luck

Leeanne:lol:

hi muzzer how did you go today?

I have a 12ml band and my first fill was 6 mls...but I can still eat what i want (GRRR) so looking forward to the next fill.

weight.png

Edited by perth bridetobe

Hi Bridetobe,

I had the fill and it was 3mls that the doctor decided to put in.

I reckon that was a bit conservative and I would have liked to have had more but that was her choice.

I've been on liquids only all day and I feel fine. Puree tomorrow.

I wonder if anybody gets it right on the first fill?

I'm told the average is 4 to 5 fills.

It was pretty expensive for todays 10 minute session $120

Hope the others aren't that cost.

I hope you're next fill improves things for you.

Hi Muzzer

I think its because everyones bands are so different, there is no average really...

I know 4 people with them, all ranging with fills from 3 - 5 mls, but I have a bigger (newer maybe?) band so maybe thats why I have 6.

I stayed on liquids for about 3 days and then when I did eat I was fine. Only trouble I had was when I ate bread when I wasnt thinking about it... it didnt 'come up' tho which is good. I have decided I am going to try to stop that happening for as long as possible!

Cheers :party:

Some people do get restriction their first fill. I've even heard of the odd 1 or 2 who don't even need the fill, just having the band was enough.

My first fill was a bit of a horror story. I'm not going to go into details as I dont want to scare anyone. I got a really good restriction with it, but that's gone now. I still can get to a point where I have to stop, usually its around the entree meal size. But I can eat anything I want and even drink fizzy drink still, no problem.

I'm going for my next fill next month, which will be 2 months after the first. Can't wait, but I'm hoping for another xray fill.