Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A bad experience

I've had a problem lately with Burping -forgive me for being graphic- in the middle of the night. All that comes up with the productive burp is mucus but seems like once it starts it takes forever to stop. Last night seems like I was burping and spitting, all night long. When there is no more mucus, there is just a loud horrible burp. Has anyone had anything like this?:smile:

Edited by mslittle
spelling

How soon before you lay down are you eating/drinking? I know this happens to me when I lay down too quickly after drinking. Before my last adjustment I could sip on my Water right until I went to sleep... not anymore! :smile:)

or do you take medicine before bed or a Vitamin? that was my problem (or at least i hope it is) (knock on wood) i would take my medicine and my vitamin and then lay down and go to sleep...i would wake up in major pain and throw up clear mucus for hours and my stomach would be in tons of pain. i started taking my vitamin in the morning and make sure i take my meds an hour before bed...so far so good.

Last night it was several hours after I had eaten anything. The only thing I did unusual was drink a couple of glasses of Water right before bed since I didn't drink very much during the day.

I'll try the meds earlier because I usually take them right at bedtime. After last night, I am ready to try most anything. Thanks

It might be that Water before bed. I have to sit up for at least an hour after drinking, which means I end up taking my evening meds at dinner instead of right before bed.

Try drinking the Water earlier and let us know how it goes...

I had that problem for almost three months before I decided that something had to change. Turns out my band was tight. I had a slight unfill and it all went away. I still have restriction and can now eat most things. Before the unfill I was pretty much on a soft diet.

I had that problem for almost three months before I decided that something had to change. Turns out my band was tight. I had a slight unfill and it all went away. I still have restriction and can now eat most things. Before the unfill I was pretty much on a soft diet.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I can put all these things together and figure out a solution. Wow! You have done an awesome job with weight lose. Congratulations!

I started having a bout of reflux when I was a little too tight.

It started the same way as yours but got to the point later where I was actually waking up throughout the night having to spit out mucus or sometimes the remains of dinner I had many, many hours before.

Not eating or drinking a couple of hours before bed helped some. sleeping with more pillows so that my head and upper body were raised higher than normal also helped. A slight unfill cured me completely.

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your pregnancy! When I have a bout of this "excess mucus" I tend to just not eat anything and that's bad too. I hope I get my act together -I'm trying hard. I have always eaten fast and I'm really trying hard to eat at a snails pace and chew properly. I'm totally amazed at some things I hear that other people are able to eat-like sandwiches, chicken.etc. I'm 4 months out and I'm just not able to do that yet.