Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In A Funk, Sorta Scarey

Hey guys. How are you all doing? Me, Well, like the header says, In a funk and sorta scared. I am going thru a lot of stress right now...Im getting it from all ends...There are situations with in my marriage, my mother is not well and has to go for a cardiac catheterisation.(Spelling??), shes my ONLY baby sitter, so I can't get to the gym, I can't get to support group...and I feel like all I wanna do is eat and lay down somewhere. I have been doing all right with curbing the eatting...however, I just had some crumb cake...I am throwing the rest of it out. My mother bought it for her house, but she couldn't resist it, so she gave it to me to give to my husband...and now I CAN'T RESIST IT. My mother is a diabetic so she really needed to get rid of it. I haven't been able to get to the haunted house and help in ANY way with the construction. All the "outs" that I had are now GONE. I can't construct, can't go to the gym, I can't eat......what the hell am I supose to do with myself? I try cleaning the house, but my son is two steps behind me messing things up as I get them done. I guess I could get on the internet and actually research something interesting........I always end up at the halloween costumes or ghost stories....:) And I dont go back to work until September!!! IEY IEY IEY! I guess I gotta plan a day out for me and my boy....we just got home from vacation!!

Welp, just one day at a time, and I guess when we are feelling like this is one hour at a time..........Thank you for listening to me vent!

TTYL

Hey I have a great ghost site for you to check out...ghostvillage.com . Its really great and it can keep you entertained for hours. May even get you into going out and ghost hunting for yourself!

I do understand, I had one of those moments Sunday. It is a good thing that we can't run to food anymore but we can smile and forget about the housework and do something that makes you happy. Soak your feet and your boys feet. Color with them or make a contained mess.

I would go get a pedicare/manicure and let the little guy tag along. Halloween is my gig too! LOVE IT! www.collectionsetc.com has some neat Halloween decor and other stuff besides! Also some fun stuff to do with your son. Get out the shaving cream and let him paint with it or sugar free pudding! It is messy but it is fun! Go on a rock hunt and find some cool rocks...then spray paint them gold and hide them in the yard for your son to find! Just some ideas.

sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had that, and while at the time it was freaky, all is well. (Calcium deposits in her heart... Her heart really was turning to stone! Talk about being hard hearted! (see the thread about cirus freak families if you don't understan...))

To heck with the house work. Your son wont' remember scrubbed floors, he will remember the fun stuff. the time you spend tickling him, playing with him. Time not wasted...

Bubbles! Yeah, that's it! Bubbles! When Spudboy was that age I would make up bubble soap by the 5 gallon bucket (Regular Dawn detergent with just a bit of glycerin makes the VERY best bubble solution.) Everything can be used to make a bubble wand too. You can even use your hands for wands. those green plastic tomato/berry baskets are amazing too...

As far as I know, teenagers are still around. I dont' think we've managed to do away with them entirely... :) find one to baby sit for you.

I bought 1/2 gallon of evil rich ice cream. After 2 servings, I threw the container away UPSIDE down in the trash without the lid. I don't trust myself.

Do you have a journal to write in. Thats always a good out let, when the little guy is sleeping or busy.

How old is he. When my kids were real small we painted grass on on of the bedroom walls. They can't mess that up grass grows in all directions and many shades. You could always add bugs later. It will be a real cool fun thing to do together.

Thanks guys for the support. My son is 8 years old and has Down syndrome. He is a barrel of monkeys lemme tell ya! He and I always find things to do. We love tickle time on my bed! He has been all messed up and outta sorts being out of school (I desided to give him a break since he has been in school full time since he was three!!) His routine is all messed up and I know that is a HUGE thing for him...He isn't the problem. The stress from every other thing known to man right now is the problem. As I sit here typing Im eatting freekin graham crackers... Typically I dont stress about the mess in the house, I really couldn't give a flying rats ass about the house...however I am trying to get my fung to schway a little better. I wanna clear out the house...If I bought him for a manicure/pedicure...oh my god he would have that place tore up in a second! He can't sit still like that. Cant blame him on that one....i dont like people touchin me for too long either. Well this is just a hard time for me right now....I gotta stay away from food. It seems like I am pushing it a little more and more each day, sneekin in things that i shouldnt have. Today it was french fries. Learned my lesson on those though! They got semi stuck and felt like sand paper going down. I threw out that crumb cake....and I wont look at the ice cream..thats for Anthony...my boy...I dunno...I just dunno....This too will pass Im sure of it....all the stress......I will get back to the gym.......I will be able to work at the barn.......I will get back to support group...

You guys are the best! I know you are here 24-7 and I dont have to go out of the house!

TTYL

Thank you all again for your support!

Jack

Argh me hearty! Thanks for the advice. This ol' soul of mine does need some soothing, and just listening to you talk about the Water and the boats was a great start! Thank you! We dont have too much to do with water and stuff around here....except for the Hudson River...and everything you heard about it is true...Gross! Plus where I would have access to it is not in the best part of town,soooo I think I will go and find me a stream somewheres. Actually can't do that either, cause Im scared of snakes!!! Yikes...see I get it from all ends...ehehehehe My boy and I are playing hookie from his speech therapy today. I will get my fung back schwaying in no time...:)

Thanks for listening....

TTYL