Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freezing

I don't know whether anyone else experiences this or not, but since I had surgery in July it seems as though I am always so cold. I turn the heater up and bundle up while I look around and everyone else is sweating. Anyone else feel this way???:tounge_smile:

Hi, No you are not the only one. I am always freezing now. It does help that there is also 6" of snow on the ground. I have a mini heater in my office. I seem to have it on when ever I am in my office. :tounge_smile: The weird thing is that I am still FREEZING!!!

I've always been a little colder than most people; but since the band I freeze all the time. By boyfriend hates it because if I turn up the heat he melts.

I used to be a polar bear, not anymore! I am always cold now, especially my toes and fingers! It has been really cold outside this past week and I can't wait for it to warm up outside - please let it get up to 30!

I think we are suddenly so cold because we have lost alot of our insulation! Apparently Fat can keep you pretty warm! I'll just bundle up and stay close to the heater!!

yep. At a course I went to recently, everyone was complaining about how stuffy it was, and I was shivering! I know it's because I've lost 45lbs of insulation though!

I was always the one complaining of how hot it was... everywhere... where i work people would complain about it being like an ice box and i always said "well im comfortable!" lol... but not now... I am cold all the time! constantly have a hoodie on and constantly turning the heater on at home. I'm sure losing almost 65 lbs has something to do with it... and believe me, I am not complaining...

I am right there with you. I am almost 15 months out from my lapband and have lost nearly 80 pounds....I am cold all the time. I wear so many layers of clothes it hides my weight loss. I am of the opinion that my fat layers were indeed keeping me warmer.....BUT I will take layers of clothes any day!!!!!!!!!:tounge_smile:

I have lost over 80 pounds and am also constantly cold. Even though my weight has been maintained for several months I am still always freezing.

My family all appears to be happy with the temperature where I am dressed like an eskimo and they are wearing t-shirts, lol.

I hope my internal thermometer will reset soon. I wonder if this does go away with time as we get used to living in our normally insulated bodies.

I am always cold now too!!! I used to be the one at work telling them to pump up the air condition. Now I am asking them to pump up the heat...LOL. I will live with being cold. I never want to see the weight I have lost again!!! And I am still losing strong. So now I layer my clothes just in case I do get warm....NOT!!...LOL. One of the girls in my office that was always saying it was freezing cold, can not believe that I am actually cold. First time I said that she said she had to record it on paper..LOL.

I've noticed a difference too. I would be so hot at work, but now I wear a thermal under my regular shirt and a sweatshirt on top of that. My family complains about how hot I have the house now.

I have always,, always been hot natured. Never wore long sleeves always short sleeve and not heavy material. I am now freezing all of the time, I wear pajamma pants and socks to bed. I guess the trade off is that I can now wear sweat shirts and sweaters that I love soooooo much. I love, love,love sweaters. Now I can wear them and be comfortable.

Lois

DITTO!!

I used to be hot and miserable all the time , and I usually sweat like a pig. Now I'm cold and miserable all the time. I wear a coat at work. It's like a meat locker here. My fingers and toes are always numb and now I sleep with TWO blankets.