Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded - Wow

Hi everyone,

I was banded on16/12/08 in Belgium with Chris. They were all fantastic, the hospital was so clean and the staff were great.

I can't believe after all that waiting that it’s finally done. I am still very sore and the wind!!! :tongue_smilie: I am now feeling hungry but still on Soup and yoghurts mainly. Does anyone know what else I can eat? Please let me know.

When do you take the dressing off, I am a bit scared to look at the wounds.

I have already lost 6lbs since op. feels so great!

Please let me know of others who have been banded in December.

Best wishes

Gk Lady x:thumbup:

Hi Greek Lady,

Huge congratulations on your recent banding and fabulous 6 pound weightloss!!

I am flying to Brussels tomorrow and getting banded by Dr Chris the following day on 23rd December. Now, I am very excited, if a little nervous.

Sounds like you're eating all the right things at the minute. I can't really think of anything else that you can eat right now, but you might be able to progress on to the pureed/mushy stage in time for Christmas.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I will post again when I arrive home.

Miss Flump x

Hi Miss Flump,

Thanks for your reply, all the best for the 23rd!!! You will be ok, don't worry.

Everyone is so great and caring, you will be well looked after.

We will catch up when you get back!

Regards

Gk Lady x

:smile:

Hi Greek Lady

Congratulations on your op and weight loss - and Merry Christmas!

Things I ate in the first couple of weeks were mainly Soup, yoghurt, jelly, custard, slimfast/complan.

Drink TONS of Water. I used to make up a litre bottle of Water and put a Berocca tablet in it to a) give it a bit of flavour and also give me a bit of energy and to get some extra Vitamins as well. I also used to add a wee drop of Floradix (liquid iron) to the bottle and dash of fresh orange juice (to help with the constipation). I would then sip all morning at this to help with the hydration and hunger.

The first couple of weeks passes very quickly and you'll soon be able to introduce other stuff. I am now eating pretty much normal food and I was banded on 4th December. I had a "normal" Christmas dinner today - just a tiny portion of it, ie one slice of turkey, teaspoonfull of mashed potatoe, 1 brussel sprout and a couple of slices of carrot. I then had some jelly and ice cream. You'll get there!

Hello from one Greek Lady to another.

The things i could have during the first 4 weeks were Soups blended to where there were no chunks, Protein drinks, drinkable yogurt, yogurt , any kind of juice, and basically anything you can drink which would fit through a straw.