Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

TI4M - what time are you scheduled for?

I've to be there at 10:45am, I think I'm scheduled for 1pm. The girl didn't phone me today, but we discussed it last week, I am just hoping I'm doing what I'm supposed to. She said something about having a Zantac 150 before I go to bed and then one in the morning? That sound right??

I've to be there at 10:45am, I think I'm scheduled for 1pm. The girl didn't phone me today, but we discussed it last week, I am just hoping I'm doing what I'm supposed to. She said something about having a Zantac 150 before I go to bed and then one in the morning? That sound right??

Good luck u guys

TI4M

Yup - take the zantac - I think it has something to do with heartburn and cutting down on the chances of getting it after the surgery.

Just remember not to push it after you get home from surgery - relax and take it easy - light soup/carnation liquids (the mushies for the next couple of days) - day 2 is the worst - so rest, rest, rest! If you need anything - just post - there is always somebody around and we can all help!

We will miss each other - I am at 8:40 for my fill.

Cheers

Woohoo!

Had my op this AM (0800) and true to their plan, I was home at around noon. Gotta love modern medicine. No real pain but I can feel it. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow (I hope).

Just had my first calorie-laden drink in three weeks, it feels so good!!

I was joking with the anesthetist that since I dropped 30 lbs on the three-week pre-op diet, I could technically just keep going for another 6 weeks and drop the other 60 lbs.:wub: Mind you, I wouldn't look forward to continuing that for any longer...

Thanks to everyone for the good words and I'll be continuing to post here as I go along.

Cheers,

Boomboy64:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Woohoo!

Had my op this AM (0800) and true to their plan, I was home at around noon. Gotta love modern medicine. No real pain but I can feel it. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow (I hope).

Just had my first calorie-laden drink in three weeks, it feels so good!!

I was joking with the anesthetist that since I dropped 30 lbs on the three-week pre-op diet, I could technically just keep going for another 6 weeks and drop the other 60 lbs.:w00t: Mind you, I wouldn't look forward to continuing that for any longer...

Thanks to everyone for the good words and I'll be continuing to post here as I go along.

Cheers,

Boomboy64:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats Boomboy, welcome to the land of the band :wub:

Way to go Boom - I was in this morning too - so if you heard some yelling - that was me getting my fill - lol - I'm a bit of a whiner...

So the first hurdle is down - the diet, and the race is on to clear the next couple by losing the weight - so relax the next couple of days -tomorrow will be the sore day!

Cheers from another loser!

Hello Everyone,

I was in at 1pm for my surgery, everything went well. I was pretty "dopey" afterwards. I was pretty sore last night and didn't have much of a sleep.

There has also been a big meltdown at my work so that kept my mind busy...

Today I feel a bit better, still tender. Just takin a T3's every 4hrs.

I'm excited for this new journey. My first drink (after some Water last night of course) was Apple juice and did it ever taste good! The only way i could describe to my family as to how I was feeling was that I felt like I had got winded. I was tender and sore but it was like I got punched in the stomach..such a weird sensation!! LOL!

I lost 17lbs on the optitrim. So the Dr's were positive when I spoke with them before hand.

One thing I found strange was when I changed into my gown the receptionist said to me that i could go back out into the waiting room if I liked...there were several people in the waiting area and there was no way I felt comfortable wandering around in my gowns! LOL!

Anyway I was hope by 4:30 and then just rested up all evening plus today. I'm feeling good today. Just a bit sore and a scratchy voice.

Boomboy I hope all goes well for you, glad to hear your pain isn't too bad!

I just feel like I'm covered in bruises! I have a huge bruise in my left shoulder as well as lots of little bruises from when they test the blood pressure. But as my husband says I bruise like a peach!

Thanks again for answering all my questions also. I greatly appreciate it!

:)

Congratulations everyone! 2009 was a great year for all of us. For most of us, we have a huge feat to overcome in the next few weeks, but we can ALL do it!

Looking forward to an awesome year of goals acheived and second looks in 2010!

Remember to chew, chew, chew!

Take care!

Hi All!

It's been a while but I'm just checking and I'm glad to see that there are a few new people around and that everyone seems to be doing so well.

Since my last fill I have finally joined the losing group of lapbandsters. For a long time I was really struggling with this but I may have found or am very close to my "sweet spot".

I am now definitely not able to eat Pasta, bread or potatoes. Rice for whatever reason I'm OK with. I totally envy those of you still able to eat perogies!! Having a polish grandmother that practically forces them on you makes it hard to not eat them. I am struggling a bit with getting Protein in if for no other reason than I can not eat chicken or pork. They get stuck no matter how I seem to prepare them. Ground beef is ok, but I've never been a big eater of beef unless it was ground, never liked steak or anything. I'm finding that fish and shellfish are my best bet to get my protein in. Which is a big adjustment having come a typical north american family chicken is mostly what was served at out table.

After my October fill I lost about 2 pounds which was a great start after my whole de-fill gain and plateau stage. Now since the fill I had in November I'm down about 5. Yippee!

With the holiday season fast approaching I had thought I would have more trouble with all those tasty foods that really aren't good for you. So far so good though. I've actually baked a disgusting amount of treats to give out to co-workers and have no desire to eat any of them after the initial sampling to make sure they were actually worthy of being gifts. I've made it through three Christmas parties where I had a couple drinks at each, and let me tell you my alcohol tolerance is now about the same as a 12 year old.

I'm back at the clinic between Christmas and New Years (the 28th I believe) for another check up so maybe I'll see some of you there! :thumbup:

hello all just trying to update my ticker[/quote

OH BOY!! OH NO!! this close to xmas and i don't feel any restriction ...this is going to be tough...MERRY XMAS EVERYONE...

Merry Christmas to you too! I don't know about anyone else..but I'm somewhat happy to not have too much restriction at X-mas, Jan will be soon enough, but I want to enjoy my family time and be able to eat without being paranoid that I'll have to bolt from the table. I need a fill but not going to get one til after X mas.

Just wanted to say hi and Merry Christmas to all the Manitoba bandsters. Isn't it great that we have a tool that will help us through this holiday season? We've all done well.

P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } v:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } This is the time of year to think about all the wonderful friends you have. Bandsters are a special part of my life. So if I don't see you in person, know that I extend the greetings of the season . Keep you family close and give them an extra hug and kiss.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Banded Sept 29 2009, 50 pounds down