Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Ok Manitoba People! Question of the day... Where do you buy your work out clothes! My quote for the day "even fat people want to look good when they work out!"

Hmmm...tough question. What does it mean to "work out?" lol...

I have so many clothes that I've grown out of, I get to shrink back into them.

My exercise is in the pool, so my 'workout clothes' are bathing suits lol. Peekers on Stafford is where I've gotten mine these past few years.

Wanna Be - I had wanted to go see Green Day but that just wasn't in my budget at the time so that wasn't the concert I was at :wink2: I did get to see Taylor Swift though, which is a big thing for any country music fan! :biggrin:

As for work out clothes. While everyone loves Lulu lemon, and I wish I could fit into their stuff and also afford it thats not where I shop for workout clothes. My first stop is usually costco for yoga type workout pants. Sounds weird I know. But they usually have a great selection of Danskin yoga pants/tops. The XXL fit me at my heaviest which was about a size 20 if that helps at all. And since its at Costco the price isn't too ridiculous. I've gotten them on sale for $15 but usually paid no more than $25 there which is decent for danskin clothes. I'm short (5'3") so the lengths are long but I just get them hemmed and its all good. The pants usually have a nice comfy waistband without annoying tags and stuff they also go a little higher than most pants which I like since I feel like the pants are holding in my gut.

Speaking of Lulu Lemon, a friend of mine who is about an 18/20 bought a pair of workout pants there that look fantastic on her....very flattering and slimming! I have no idea how much they cost though.

Hi All,

Work out clothes,,,,hmmmm, considering the previous workout I subscribed to was the "couch to fridge run" with arm hoist from lap to mouth, which in turn resulted in one fat flat ass and a buff right arm, I really did not need much. However, for my loll on the couch, I second Leslee with costco. Also I have found the occasional pair of sweats at Sportmart.

I decided today that I hate shopping - I am trying to shop for a trip that I am going on in about 3 weeks and am having such a hard time. When I got my surgery all me clothing was way too tight and I was on the verge buying a new size up. Now I have the opposite problem - stuff is starting hang and pants in my current size are way too loose. Yet, I am still not yet thin enough to fit the lower size. I am trying to hold off buying anything new until closer to the date - but am worried that all the good summer stuff will be gone. which it almost is anyway. (big sigh) I found a dress liked which was a little more than I thought I wanted to pay but made up my mind I would get it. I was at my friend's place who is coming with us and asked what clothes she was taking. Pissed me off. when she hauled out the dress I was going to buy. Oh well, saved some $$. The dress hunt continues!

Any recommendation for nice dresses where you have had luck?

Cheers

Mimi

Meant to tell you - I have shopped religiously at Peepers on Stafford for a bathing suit for years - then about 2 years ago I bought a tankini there which cost me my third arm and leg. The day before we left for Mexico, I was at Polo and walked by that swimsuit place by Zellers on the 2nd floor and there was the same suit but $50.00 cheaper - I was not impressed. If you look for bathing suits try there also.

Cheers

Hi All,

Work out clothes,,,,hmmmm, considering the previous workout I subscribed to was the "couch to fridge run" with arm hoist from lap to mouth, which in turn resulted in one fat flat ass and a buff right arm, I really did not need much. However, for my loll on the couch, I second Leslee with costco. Also I have found the occasional pair of sweats at Sportmart.

I decided today that I hate shopping - I am trying to shop for a trip that I am going on in about 3 weeks and am having such a hard time. When I got my surgery all me clothing was way too tight and I was on the verge buying a new size up. Now I have the opposite problem - stuff is starting hang and pants in my current size are way too loose. Yet, I am still not yet thin enough to fit the lower size. I am trying to hold off buying anything new until closer to the date - but am worried that all the good summer stuff will be gone. which it almost is anyway. (big sigh) I found a dress liked which was a little more than I thought I wanted to pay but made up my mind I would get it. I was at my friend's place who is coming with us and asked what clothes she was taking. Pissed me off. when she hauled out the dress I was going to buy. Oh well, saved some $$. The dress hunt continues!

Any recommendation for nice dresses where you have had luck?

Cheers

For dresses try Sears! I bought a few sun dresses there this year. I also like to shop Winners, but they don't have many dresses in the plus sizes.

I find costco work out clothes do fit...but they are so tight! I need miracle clothes that make my butt look like I've already done a few miles on the tread mill! lol

I'm gonna be proactive here. Not that I don't enjoy reading reading the threads on tuesdays.

I'm going in tomorrow morning at 10:40 for a fill. Who will I see? lol...

Question about fills - does Jen call you or do you call her to schedule one? How about your first time? Just Curious...

Cheers!

I just had a 0.5 cc removed. Hopefully, I'll be able to eat healthier now. I was purging at least once/day, and filling up on ice cream since it went down smooth, and did not stick.

Poor Tammar!

That must have been rough all that purging everyday! I think I have only tossed about 3-4 times so far and even then it was only a small bit - nowhere near the amount you have had to experience. I think mine is caused by eating too quickly and not chewing enough - it definately is a learning curve!

I hope you will feel better after the defill. On the bright side, you are almost 1/3 of your way to goal, so eat healthy and walk, walk, walk!

Cheers

IWBAL

I didn't realize that Lulu Lemon had larger sizes. I still don't think I'd shop there because I remember my sister-in-law paying a ridiculous $70 for a pair of yoga pants... maybe once I've reached goal I'll splurge but for now its my costco ones.

Wanna Be I can relate to your shopping issues. I have hated shopping for quite some time now. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice as to where to go to buy something new. What I can suggest which is something I have done for some of my clothes now is getting some alterations done. If you have a dress that you already like and its too loose to wear now go get it taken in. First off its cheaper than buying a brand new one and odds are its going to fit better than anything else you buy.

Jen called me to set up my first fill. Actually come to think of it we set that up after I had my staples removed. After that first one the Dr's usually say to set it up with her while your there or to call her the next day, whichever works for you.

I had my fill last tuesday and got .75 mL, which brings me up to 4.25 mL.. feeling a bit more restriction but nothing to really be excited about. Before I had my un-fill I was at 4.5 mL and was doing great so we'll see if I can get back up there for the next one on Aug 25.

Tammar I hope that un-fill helps you out! That definately is not a good way to be living (purging everything) although my former me would've been stoked about living on ice cream I do realize now that its not good to say the least. I haven't had an PB problems yet.

This might sound strange but I was thinking the other day that if you are at your ideal band volume should you have problems with PB sometimes or never? I can eat whatever I want, pay absolutely no attention to my chewing/drinking habits right now and have no problems. I guess I thought that the band would you know "fight back" when I was being bad? I don't really know how to articulate what I'm trying to say here. So if this makes no sense ignore it.

Hey Leslee - yes alterations were something that I am looking at - however there seems to be little to no stuff left for summer. I will keep searching though. Question for you - I notice that we were about the same weight/height (but not age-you are younger) when we were banded - how much have you lost now?

I think I will give Jen a call - they may have forgotton about me as it has been 6 weeks today since I got banded.

Cheers

Oh my oh my... How much have I lost... ah!!! It's soooo frustrating!! I have lost, well pretty much nothing. When I weighed in on the 14th I was 205 down one whole pound from my first fill date which was... the beginning of June if I remember correctly. So yeah, I'm not a shining example of how the band works. I've had a a little set back (re: my extreme back pain and the un-fill to see if that was the problem) but I'm trying to get back on track. Lately I've been do the scale obsessing, I know its bad but I can't help but hop on every morning just to check.

I'm still down the approximate 10 pounds I lost on the pre-op diet but it really is hard not to feel frustrated.

I would give Jen a call for sure. She does seem to get really busy there and I'm sure she will try her best to get you in to get a fill. Six weeks is when they do the first fill so you might as well get started. How do you feel you're doing otherwise?