Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Quickie from me - I haven't been around much, but I love seeing how much action is on this thread!

So - I found my hardest part of this whole thing (other then eating slower and smaller bites LOL) .... not drinking with my meal is going to be the death of me!! Ok maybe not that bad - but I was never aware until now how much I rely on a drink while I'm eating, and how much it bothers me to not have one!! Grrr!! Just thought I'd share that quick little frustration LOL

I haven't heard from Jen about when my next fill is, should I be a bug and call her, or keep waiting? I'm a little nervous because there was a big mix up for my first fill (she had me scheduled and I didn't know about it..) and I really don't want to have that happen again!

ciao!

k.

Hey Mr Fish

Good going so far! - 30% of goal weight lost is pretty damn impressive in my books. My port is still a little sore when I wake up in the morning as well, although it seems to be getting better slowing and the gas pains subsided about 5 days ago.

Keep chasing that little woman around the house and soon you will be "Too Fit to Fish"

If you carry a cooler in your trunk, I would suggest steaming chicken breasts and cutting them in pieces, preweighed in a ziploc bag. Also do the same for raw veggies and/or fruit such as strawberries or blueberries. This way you have Portion Control.< /p>

Leslee - not to worry - we now all have the tool to help us and until we are at the sweet spot with our fills, we are like turtle plugging along. Once we have the fill at the right level - there will be no holding us back - we just have to hang in there a few months and keep doing what we are doing.

Hang in there everyone!

cute - a bunch of posts all at once - my inbox is going lapbandtalk crazy! :)

Hi Moonbeam, My fill is scheduled for 12:40.....it was changed from 5:10pm. Jen called me last Tuesday evening to let me know about the change. Hope to see you there.

Quickie from me - I haven't been around much, but I love seeing how much action is on this thread!

So - I found my hardest part of this whole thing (other then eating slower and smaller bites LOL) .... not drinking with my meal is going to be the death of me!! Ok maybe not that bad - but I was never aware until now how much I rely on a drink while I'm eating, and how much it bothers me to not have one!! Grrr!! Just thought I'd share that quick little frustration LOL

I haven't heard from Jen about when my next fill is, should I be a bug and call her, or keep waiting? I'm a little nervous because there was a big mix up for my first fill (she had me scheduled and I didn't know about it..) and I really don't want to have that happen again!

ciao!

k.

Okay, so I need to share some of my more recent experiences. I had my first fill done a couple of saturday's ago when they ran the saturday clinic. Since then, I have not been able to really eat much solids. I purge at least once/day, usually at supper time, since I tend to stick to boost for breaky and Soup for lunch.< /p>

I feel the extreme burning pain after a few bites of food, then it's off to the bathroom for me. Sometimes over the past week, I've felt that I'm becoming bolemic, which is why I'm losing weight, and not because of the band.

I've found that Wendy's and Timmy's chilli's are easy to swallow and stay down. I find myself eating a lot of ice cream and chips again because they stay down. This is totally not the way I need to be eating, but can't seem to find anything else.

I spoke with Jen today, and scheduled my next fill appointment for July 21. I doubt I'll get a fill, but I'm still going to go to talk to Dr. B or A.

SK: You talk about drinking with your meal. Forget it. It's absolute agony. I remember my first appt with Danielle, she told me that I shouldn't drink because it'll wash the food down, and defeat the purpose of the band. She is sadly mistaken on that one. It makes everything 100% worse.

I now make sure there's nothing in front of me to drink. I agree that you sure don't know how much you rely on fluids while you eat, until they are removed.

Has anyone shared my experiences? Should I be asking for a de-fill?

I asked Jen to schedule another appointment with Danielle. Hopefully she'll have some nutritious advice for me.

SK, definitely call for that appointment. Sounds like things get pretty hectic for Jen there.

Mimi, my fill is at 3:30. Guess we won't be seeing each other. Next time maybe!

Tammar, wow I would definitely talk to the Doc's about that! I'm going for my 3rd fill and have no problem eating anything yet. And I do drink with my meals (I know I know it's bad! ) I agree with SK it's so hard not to! I'm hoping with this fill I will start to feel different and with that hopefully act different.

Hi Tammar

I was banded after you - have not yet had my first fill yet - actually I am a little nervous about it. Like you, I am not eating many solids - Carnation Breakfast - Soup for lunch and some kind of protien -eg fish or salmon or pork- 3 oz with about a quarter cup of veggies. Like you - I seem to get that burning/stuck sensation usually after about 4 bites of Protein. I have only chucked up 2 times - very small amounts though. I am trying to train myself that after 3 bites to put my fork down for 3-5 minutes and then take another few bites. I find that if I start with a few bites of a soft veggie dish, that I am able to do about 4 very small bites (size of my pinkie nail) of pork tenderloin. I must then put the fork down and wait a few minutes, then I am able to repeat the process without getting that golf ball in the throat, burning, cold sweat with dizzy feeling.

I totally agree about the drinking thing - it is hard to give up. I usually try to have some Water before eating but it just seems to compound the problems when I combine it with eating - it is not worth it for me!

Question for the group - does Jen call you to let you know when your first fill is, or do you call her to schedule it?

Cheers

I wanna be a loser, Thank You! That answer is probably the best advise. As simple as it sounds, you eat one way for your entire life, and then you have to train yourself to eat another way.

I will try that tomorrow, and let you all know how it goes. I know I have to eat smaller bites, and chew more. I always think I'm doing that, but apparently not. You've described exactly how I feel during each dinner.< /p>

Regards!

hey now everyone,

no restriction here for me just shoulder pain if i eat to fast or dont chew my food, but big bites sill go down without to much pain. hope i am not making my pouch to big or something. trying to eat slow like everyone says too. i am not drinking with meals it differently makes me hungry later on. one good thing not eating as much and i am full quickly so its all good so far.

bye bye :thumbup::w00t::)

Hi everyone, I am going for my fifth fill today...so far am only feeling a slight restriction. I also have experienced that burning sensation ....and yes did drink Water trying go get the 'lump' to pass....and yes that made it MUCH worse so I won't be doing that to myself again! Hard as it is to do, smaller bites and stopping between bites does work....trying hard not to slip back into my old habits.

Hey moonbean, how did you make out today? I got another 1/2cc put in....will see how "restricted" that makes it. I was down another 6lbs whoo hoo!!

I got a hold of Jenn and my next fill is schedualed for the 14th (next tuesday) at 6:10, we'll see how much the time changes between now and then but I'm glad to be going in so that maybe I can start feeling some restriction.

I do have some bad habits that I need to work on. One thats been mentioned alot here lately is the the drinking with meals. I guess when you have no restriction it doesn't make a difference. I'm hoping that when I start feeling some restriction I will notice a difference as to Fluid intake with food. Not a good way to start I know. I also believe that I'm taking too large of bites and not chewing enough, but again this doesn't seem to make any difference at all so I almost feel like its hard right now to eat differently when nothing feels different.. if that makes any sense at all.

I too was worried fish that I was stretching out my pouch... not the case since with the back pain issue I had an x-ray and CT scan and nothing was ever mentioned about the pouch looking too large. I do have an MRI schedualed mid-august continuing to investigate the back pain stuff even though it magically disappeared.

I'm thinking that I should send an e-mail out to Danielle the Dietitien because as of late I've been thinking about becoming a vegetarian and I'm looking for some advice food wise. Its not something new, I've been thinking about it for months but lately the whole meat deal has been bothering me more.

Hi all. Had my 3rd fill yesterday and begged for 1 1/2 as Dr B just wanted to put 1 in. I got my 1 1/2 and yay I finally feel something! Total for fills puts me at 4 1/2 cc's. I am very relieved to be feeling restriction. To be honest I was starting to feel very depressed and 2nd guessing my decision to get the band. Today is only day one after that last fill, but I experienced slime and discomfort after trying to eat some cold chicken. How odd is it that we are happy to feel discomfort and pain? I've actually gained back 4 pounds since the surgery so now I hope things start to go back the other way. Fingers crossed!

hi moonbeam, I know what you mean about feeling happy about feeling discomfort LOL. What does 'slime' mean? I haven't had anything like that...only the 'stuck' feeling.

hi moonbeam, I know what you mean about feeling happy about feeling discomfort LOL. What does 'slime' mean? I haven't had anything like that...only the 'stuck' feeling.

It's hard to describe, but basically it feels like my mouth fills with slimey spit and I burp a bit. I suppose that's what some call a PB(productive burp) Not sure though. I have heard of others getting slimey though. yuck, but:drool: yay!