Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more pickles??

I got my 3rd fill yesterday, tried to eat a dill pickle and it is stuck. It sucks, I love pickles, it is one of the guilty free foods that I love. Can not eat popcorn, or anything sweet makes me sick to my stomach. Perhaps I will go chew on a bone and see if that gets stuck LOL

:biggrin:

I'd stay away from the bones. LOL

I've only had one fill so far and it really made a huge difference. I haven't tried eating pickles or popcorn. But I did try a few bites of a steak biscuit from Bojangles (minus the top of the biscuit) and thought I would die!:biggrin:

I'm loving my band overall, though!

Bands are fickle things! And what works for one, doesn't mean it will work for another.

If you want to try pickles again, try it later in the day, and make sure you chew it into fine pieces, and no rubbery bits left in your mouth.

I eat pickles all the time, they taste good, allow me to crunch and have almost no calories at all.

Pickles are definitely a later in the day kind of thing when your band is more open. I also like pickles that are more crunchy then rubbery, they chew down better.

Yuko! I hate pickles. Cannot stand the smell or taste of them.:biggrin:

This is from one pickle freak to another. Don't give up on them. It might be beacause you just had a fill.... or didn't chew it up enough. Wait a few days and try again. I want pickles in your life. When I am craving sweets late at night, if I eat a Kosher dill pickle spear or two, it takes that craving away. Good luck to you. Becky

I haven't tried pickles since my surgery, so I can't speak from experience about the stuck thing. I can say that I prefer the fresh pickles that have to stay in the fridge to the shelf stable kind. I find they're crunchier and less rubbery. My grocery store sells them next to the lunch meats.< /p>

Try them again at another time I'm sure you're a little swollen after your fill. Hang in there!

I love pickles too and eat them often. My 2 1/2 yr old DD Snacks on them all the time too.

Glorybee, every doc is different. My doc says to stay on solid food unless I have a problem then go back to soft foods. I personally need to do soft and liquids just b/c I get so swollen that food just doesn't FEEL good on my stomach! I'm just not interested either.

I eat pickles too. I have just had my 3rd fill and so far I can still eat them. Like everyone else has mentioned, eat them later in the day. I love a good crunchy Kosher dill.

I'm just thinking... if you just got a fill yesterday, why are you already trying solid food? My doctor says only liquids for 48 hours after a fill, then be very cautious and start with mushies.

Not all docs require a fill diet (mine doesn't).

I'm just thinking... if you just got a fill yesterday, why are you already trying solid food? My doctor says only liquids for 48 hours after a fill, then be very cautious and start with mushies.

I am not required to have a fill diet either. I was only told to use a little caution. I asked why I am not required to do the post fill liquids and was told that restriction might happen right away or up to a week out . . . they didn't find a day or two of liquids to really have much impact.