Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone own a TerraTrike???

i think the world seems to just be lost our there right now....I own a road bike...Love it, know of a guy who owns what you are looking at and loves his....

Good luck

TeachLady:

Hope yours has snow treads and a plow!! HAR!!!

I haven't seen that one out here in sunny Oregon, but I've been looking for a recumbant. Tried a few and haven't found one that is quite right for me yet.

Cheers!!!

Boy, you got that right, Jack!! I looked in the accessories section and no mention of a snow plow. Perhaps a snorkle so I can go right through the drifts??

Hi Teachlady---I would love to have a bike like this because my bottom can only take so much time on a regular bike, even beach cruisors. But, how many calories does this bike burn in relation to the other regular bikes? Is it nearly as much, more than, or significantly less?

Lisa..

I'm guessing that a bike is a bike is a bike. The more you put into it the more calories you burn. The Path model that I'm looking at is 3 speed and the bottom of the line, but has everything I would need. There are 8 more versions of the bike, going up to 27 speeds.

Hi Teachlady:

Have you thought of a trikke? Check it out online if you have a minute. I bought my trikke from www.tampatrikke.com Now they have one that has a motor on it. However, I don't have a motor. Mine is powered by me, and only me. It's probably better for people who live in fairweather places. I had to hang up my trikke in November because it's not made for wet roads. I am addicted to riding it and can hardly wait for March so that I can continue my exercise addiction.

I'm sure that my trikke helped me achieve my goal of wearing a size 12 - from a 26/28. I have great muscles in my thighs too!:tongue2:

Let me know if you try a trikke. If you do, enjoy the swerve!

Sue

Sue,

I've had a trikke for two years now and never have used it, but they have a store in town and have set up times at the rec center to try them out and to ride your own, so I'm going to try it out next Tuesday. I still want the terratrike, but will give the Trikke a shot! I'll have to report in and let you know how it goes! I've read about your trikke riding and you're my role model. Just wish you were here to show me how to do it.. I'm always afraid of looking foolish.

Judy:

Good luck next Tuesday at the rec center. It may take more than one try to get it down. If you want to try it with someone who's experienced and in your area check out www.trikketalk.com The people there are friendly and helpful.

Let me know how it goes. Once you find the sweet spot it's kind of like ice dancing with a great partner.

Sue

Judy:

Good luck next Tuesday at the rec center. It may take more than one try to get it down. If you want to try it with someone who's experienced and in your area check out www.trikketalk.com The people there are friendly and helpful.

Let me know how it goes. Once you find the sweet spot it's kind of like ice dancing with a great partner.

Sue

Just back from the Trikke Track. The good news is hubby did awesome.:) The bad news is, I don't have the hang of it yet. :) I took my Trikke T8, but it wasn't as good as the ones with air tires, so they guy is going to see if mine can be upgraded. The other good news is, he is going to bring the terratrike with him a week from Thrusday so I can tool around on it while hubby is trikking. Sould be fun. And I haven't given up on the trikke yet! I WILL get the hang of it eventually...or collapse trying!!

Good luck. Don't give up! You're lucky that you have someone to trikke with. I'm hoping to find a local trikke buddy this spring.

Best wishes to you and Happy New Year!

Sue