Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you see any subconscious changes in SO post-weight loss?

I had to post this, because a funny thing happened last night.

To preface this, let me give you some history: I have been married for 8 years, and I have always considered our marriage GOOD. We've had ups and downs, but our love has ALWAYS been there and we are both best friends...

Since I've lost weight, our relationship has gotten better, though. I have more confidence and tell it more like it is, and DH is much more attracted to me. So, he is 'nicer' when it comes to things. He subconsciously picks up more around the house without grumbling. He is just less of a grumbler...

So, last night, we had a couple hours without our daughters and went out for dinner. I am an admitted foodie, so we went to a nice 'foodie' type place and I ordered some AMAZING chicken breast with a cherry sauce made with 3 types of Traverse City Cherries. It was to DIE for, and I only ate like 5 bites. The appetizer was an oriental coleslaw that was divine and I loved not even CONSIDERING eating it all.

After we were done, DH did something he NEVER did... He asked for the dessert menu. We ordered a dessert to share, and I savored every bite, but didn't make a big deal of the ordering of dessert. After we left I 'called him on it' and said how he NEVER ordered dessert before. And after thinking about it, he honestly admitted he wouldn't have done it before, when I was heavy, cause he didn't want to help contribute to my weight problem. It is funny because now that I am thin, dessert is 'ok.' Kind of an oxymoron. LOL. He freely admitted that it was just a subconscious change in thought, the ordering of dessert, and I do believe him.

Anybody else seen any humorous changes in your SO's perspective?

I see more changes in me than my husband. My eating habits can still be somewhat different at times. bread lately has been a major no no, but I like it and still try. Only God knows why and I usually regret it pretty quickly. Funny when we go out either I get a to-go box right away or hubby gets alot of my dinner. He notices now that he has to watch what he eats off my plate. That was never a problem before. Never once in the 32 years that we have been married has he ever commented on my weight. I can't believe how blessed I have been. I have to agree on one thing though hubby likes the occasional ice cream sundae and didn't mention it because of my weight. Now we go and spilt one and just smile at each other.

Rather than be jealous of all the male attention I get now, my DH loves it. It really stokes his ego (and other thngs :huh2:)

We go walking quite a lot together and he cracks up that EVERY man that drives past gawks so obviously at me. He points every single one out to me.

Honestly, I am not anything special, I'm average looking. But I guess seeing a woman who is actually in shape over the age of about 30 is getting more and more unusual? That's all I can put it down to because I think I'm OK looking but definitely not in the gentically blessed category.

Everytime I get home from a run, he asks me how many toots I got. Sigh. At least once every run some idiot will yell out NICE TITS or some such and honk their horn.

We've got two lots of couples of friends the males of both couples Doug insists have the hots for me. He thinks its hilarious how they monopolise my attention. I hate it. I'm friends with their wives and I dont want them slavering all over me and do my best to avoid them. But Doug thinks its fantastic that I'm all his.

I would think that often this sort of thing would lead to conflict within a marriage but it seems DH likes having a trophy wife, lol.

Hubby bought me a low cut sweater for Christmas. That is not typically him. I wore it, but was very self conscious as my bra was visible if I turned the wrong way. I told him I would get a camisole. He said, NO WAY. It's sexy, I like it, so what if someone else looks. They can eat their heart out. It's "interesting" to see you in a different light. A little tart. Every now and then it's nice. I almost fainted. He's very conservative.

My husband bought me an outfit for my birthday in July . . . that looked great and fit perfectly. He would never have done that when I was heavy, but now that I am not he wants me to wear flattering clothes in younger styles.

My husband bought me an outfit for my birthday in July . . . that looked great and fit perfectly. He would never have done that when I was heavy, but now that I am not he wants me to wear flattering clothes in younger styles.

My DH bought me a whole new wardrobe from Ann Taylor for Christmas... Loves to dress me now. But it does worry me... my weight loss has slowed, but I am still shrinking... so I might have to get my 8's altered to 6's in a short time...