Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings

Guest julie b

Guest julie b

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I had my band fitted two weeks ago in Lyon by Dr Frering. Since then I haven't experienced any restriction and can pretty much eat what I could pre surgery. I hope to get a fill at 8 weeks post op - at the moment I'm trying to decide whether to return to Lyon or try and find someone closer to home (I live in Edinburgh, Scotland). I am being weighed for the first time post surgery tomorrow (YIKES). My BMI is 68 - hopefully a bit lower by now, and the whole process is a daunting one!

I look forward to reading your posts.

Best wishes:D

PS if you want to visit my online journal log on to www.webspawner.com/users/juliesjournal

hi julie, I have come across your posts in the european bandsters site (I live in Ireland) and am glad you have found your way here - this is SOOO the best band message boards EVER! Well, in my opinion anyway!

I am scheduled to have surgery in Paris on the 28th October, which I am dreading/can't wait for all-at-the-same-time! I don't know if you went on your own to Dr Frering, but there is a consultancy company which organises surgery for patients travelling to France - here is their web page -

http://www.gastricbandservice.co.uk/index.html - The woman who runs it is a nurse, and she also does fills/check ups etc from the UK if you're interested!

hope this helps and your weigh in yields happy results!

take care

Guest julie b

Hi Bright - many thanks for the welcome!

I didn't go to Lyon by myself - I travelled with my godmother who is fluent in French, convenient or what? I have detailed my experience in my journal! The only problem was the shops were fantastic and I just didn't have time to take full advantage of them - actually maybe it was just as well or my credit card would have taken even more of a hammering - lol.

Yes I know Sharon Bates at gastric band service (de Montagnac Consultants), she actually organised my surgery! It's a small world - lol. Her service is great and she's so knowledgeable and helpful, it would have been so much more difficult if I hadn't had her support.

When are you off to Paris - who is your surgeon? Best of luck and I'll look out for you on European Bandsters.

Cheerio

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches