Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I snack on ?

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say: "I used everything you gave me."
DeLarla first of all I love your quote. As far as snacking if you snack and if you do it should not be much. But if you are you should watch the calories and carbs. Believe it or not the band does not seem to care for major carbs like bread and rice. Then taking a chapter from Gastric Bypass patients they can not eat sugar and we all know how the weight just comes off of them. So if we think Protein for Snacks it would help in so many ways. Think about it protein keeps your bloodsugar stable therefore you won't get those major cravings or hungar pains. Your energy stays up and your metabolism.:(

Delarla

I will try and get that book as It could be quite an eye opener for me. Sorry you're struggling but keep on keeping on you've done so well. Thanks to everybody else for all the usefull tips.

Gaynor

Guest brandy19

I am a night snacker also, and , it has gotten me in trouble:) I gain back 2olbs over the summer. I was eatting a lot of soft foods. I can eat a lg salad, and I am wondering if anyone else can eat that much salad at one time? My Doc. told me that I don't need a fill. I need to work on knowing when I am full. I vomit a lot when I try to eat meat.< /p>

HELP:(

Brandy19

Brandy19 as far as snacking at night, I know I am ready for bed when I want to eat the world. So it is best for me to go brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Something about the toothpaste makes you feel like you just got through eating something. Maybe you could have a sugar free popsicle 80calories or 3 strawberries dip in cool whip. How are our meals during the day? Are you eating enouogh? Do you drink a Protein Shake or eat a Protein Bar. I found that these things help me. Body for Life has good bars and I like Slim Fast Cappachino 180 calories.

I snack on a few raw almonds and blueberries... maybe a 1/4 cup full

or

tw basil and olive oil triscuits with fat free laughing cow soft cheese and a slice of a cherry tomato... Yummelicious!

sugar free Jello cup

Yoplait light Yogurt

Chopped Walnuts

In a wine glass, half of the Jello chopped up,1/4 container Yogurt,other half Jello,1/4 container Yogurt and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. 35 calories I believe plus walnuts. I usually make one for my husband too and that way I dont have to save the 1/2 yogurt. Black Cherry Jello+Very vanilla Yogurt is good