Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I realized I had some deep rooted high expectations..

Yesterday I found myself getting down about things. I've been banded for 2 months now. I am happy about my weight loss and am looking forward to my second fill. Although I am very happy about this, I think that I had some deep down expectations that I didn't realize that I had. I think I expected a big life change right away. Again, I KNOW this is unrealistic, but I thought I would lose the weight, find a man, get married, and have kids like right away! Ok, I don't mean RIGHT away, but I was feeling down yesterday and I think that that is the root of it all. I was totally prepared for a slower weight loss and I am feeling really good about that end. I guess that I thought that there would be a quicker life change. Again, I KNOW that this is totally unrealistic, but I just needed to rant a little and come to terms with things. Thanks!

12 years ago I had lost ALOT of weight on the Phen Phen, I found my self confidence had gone way up and that was when I noticed my life changing in many ways. I gained all that weight back and then some since then and was banded almost a month ago. I know my confidence has gone down over the past 5 years. I know I have a long road ahead of me and am not expecting miracles to happen. Just work on taking care of yourself right now, as you lose more & more weight, you will gain more confidence in yourself knowing that you look 'great'! Who knows where this journey will take you - good luck!

Tomorrow I will be out from surgery 5 months exactly. I'm down 71 pounds. My life is different. Yours soon will be too.

Hello....This first post took me awhile, as posting means reaching out and I'm not used to that! I'm due to be banded on December 29th....I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death!!! Has anyone used Dr. Larson, of Palm Beach, Florida? Just wondering what you thought of him and his medical staff!

Travelin

Might I suggest you only focus on one area of your life you want to change at a time. Like your weight, or finding a mate or whatever it is that you want to change.

The reality of it is as you move through your changes in your weight the other areas will fall into place. Or if you move through the changes it takes to get a mate (healthily, not stalking) the other stuff will come together.

And time is what you need right now. You know there's this thing, if you can do it, of letting go of having to know what the future will hold for you that makes living in the present pretty awesome.

hippi-

You might want to find the Florida posters, they have people listed by state, who have used your surgeon.

Good luck with that.

Getting banded is the best thing I've ever done.

I think its completely normal. Losing weight makes you happier and you can deal with things better but it doesnt necessarily change your life.

Somehow in my imagination, when I lost weight I would be rich, lol. Not sure how that was going to happen, I mean, did I think I was going to save it all from what I spent on food? Not likely, I spend more now to buy better food!

I think your desire for immediate change is a normal part of the process. I know I went through the same thing. I expected immediate changes to my life, but as you know, it doesn't happen that way. Some things change. And YOU will change over time. But I don't think anyone wakes up one day, finding themselves eloping, pregnant, and holding the winning lottery ticket. Life will improve. You'll have more confidence. But it is a slow progression... But you knew that. You're normal, I promise!

I went through stages where I felt this way too. The whole banding experience has ups and downs as you are making adjustments to life changes.

I found the initial weight losses were great but when the scale stopped moving it put me into a deep funk. You just get sooo excited to finally be banded and begin the journey it is hard to come to terms with the fact that it is a slow journey.

Give it a litle time and you will get there . . . all you have to do is to keep trying and following the rules. Everything will come in its own time and when you are ready for it. :0)