Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Car Wreck

I was driving home last night. I took the interstate. I NEVER take the interstate, but I had to go do some shopping for my oldests 4 yr birthday party tomorrow night.

I HATE INTERSTATES!!!

I had this fella cut me off. I was a little miffed, but decided to let it slide off my back just like everything else. I pull my foot off the gas pedal to give some didstance between me and him. Ya know... the old 2 car length rule... Thats when I saw break lights... It looked like a gigantic-poorly-decorated-christmas tree! So the guy that just cut me off had to swerve to keep from hitting the guy he was TAILGATING! I thought to myself, "Good move on your part for the 2 car spacing. I was just almost stopped on the highway. Next thing I know is my head was HURTING and I INTANTLY had a headache! It wasn't till I saw a little cloud of smoke waft past my truck that I realized I had been rear ended!

Nothing too bad on my truck, just some scratches to the bumper and some plastic damage. I don't really care about how the truck looks anyway. It is what I call an A-B truck. It is UGLY but it gets me from point A to point B reliably.

The fella that hit me was in a full size chevy cargo van. My bumper put a crese in his front bumper. Hardley noticable. Poor guy, It was his birthday... Well, the lady that hit him in the rear... her car was SCREWED UP! The hood looked like an accordian! She drove the car away so it must not have been too mechanically messed up.

Cops cited her for following too close. Almost $300 ticket! OUCH! AND 4 points!

That cop said they had worked somewehre around 50 wreaks already that day! CRAZY!

So... I say all that to say this.

Do you think I need to worry bout my port or band? I got josseled up pretty good but everything seems to be fine.

Wow, TX!! A three car accident. Could have been a lot worse!!! All because some idiot was in a rush. I'm sure he went on his merry way oblivious to the mayhem he left behind. So glad you're OK! Your port and band are probably fine. Everything is stiched in place. Why don't you give your band doc a call just to be sure?

Sounds like you are handling it well... thank God, sounds like it could've been a lot worse.

I'll bet your band is fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were a little tight for a few days because of stress.

I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt. That's a little Xmas present for you to be grateful for.

Good to hear from you. Hopefully we won't have to wait for another traumatic event before you check in again. ;o)