Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Morning Weigh In - 12 December 2008

After a week of eating well (and sometimes forgetting to eat!) and regular exercise, I've stayed the same! Argh!

I know that in the last couple of weeks, I've lost over 8lbs, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset about a plateau.

But I am!

Lol!

Last week: 78.5 kgs

This week: 78.5 kgs.

Exercise: 3 X 35kms on the stationary bike

2 X 1 hour walks.

I had a GREAT week this week and after the past few months, it was a pleasant suprise.

I lost 2.6kgs (5.72 pounds)!!!!! :wink2::w00t:

The week before I didn't post due to internet issues but I stayed the same then this week BAM!!!

Also got my third fill (on Tuesday) and FINALLY restriction!!! YAY!!!

I had my 3rd fill and lost almost 3 lbs. I did eat a bit too much this week so the past month I didn't lose as much as I thought. I hope I can make my New Years goal of 170. I think I can. I still have 2 Christmas parties to go too....but I will be good. I promise.

At least I am halfway to my goal weight of 130. So I hope to hit that by June or July. I know the last 20 lbs. or so are the hardest to get off.

My fill was yesterday and despite my less than stellar weight loss the past month my Nurse/Practitioner was pleased, she told me most of the patients gain a pound or two during the weeks around Thanksgiving. It's expected.

So I am back on track. Pssst...went to a Christmas party and ate just some chowder/salad...but....had a piece of cheesecake. It was yummy and went down nicely LOL. My first real dessert in 5 months. My last for the year.

You go Ro!!! Love those big weeks!!!

Down 1 lb from last week. 5 Day pouch test went great..lost 7 pounds in past 2 weeks & it really put the carb monster in the closet, at least for a while!

Sick with my 2nd cold in 3 weeks & too busy with my boys & all their Holiday functions. My 15 year old is taking a girl to the Winter Formal tomorrow, so we're off to get fitted for a tux. Good God he was just born yesterday!

Have a great week everyone!

Another big week here! I didn't post last week so here's the last 2 weeks for me:

November 28: 238

December 5: 236

December 12: 231

I'm a pound away from hitting the 50 mark!

Last week: 253.4

This week: 249.8 GOODBYE 250's!!!!!:wink2:

Lost last week: 3.6 pounds for a total of 54.2:w00t:

I've got to tell you, I lose more when I eat at the upper end of my "calorie scale". I've been working out at Curves M-F and burning 400 or so calories with each work-out, so I've been allowing myself between 1200-1400 calories a day. This week I've been closer to the 1400 zone and well...the numbers tell the story.

Keep up the good work everyone and enjoy the holidays!

Last week - 175

This week - 173

I finally broke my plateau thanks to everyone who helped me out with that.

I worked out 3 times this week and 2 of them were high impact the other was this am with a ball class. Did not like that one though.

I am still fighting the carb monster (well the carb and sugar one).

I am trying so hard not to add in my tenth weight until I get under 150. I felt like I was always cheating!

Gilta

Stayed the same: 195.6 for the 2nd week in a row!

I need a new scale. It's all over the place and I keep hitting exact amounts several days apart. I also got a fill on Tuesday and I'm feeling it more so should have lost due to less food but nope that didn't happen.

I'm also having to STOMP on the scale now when you should just be able to tap (hard).

I don't know. I guess I'll see what happens when I buy a new one in a week.

I have good scales ...Tanita brand ... they are digital and they measure your body fat too (don't ask me how :rolleyes2:)

They Give your weight to one decimal place.

Well done those who lost and for those who stayed the same or gained, we'll get there! I was actually sitting back and thinking about it the other day and though we've lost different amounts, I put it in perspective and realised that in the past 6 months i have lost over 20kgs and it took me 3 years to put that on. So I am ecstatic!!

For those who are yet to get their restriction, just be patient. Mine has finally arrived on my third fill and seriously I could think I am in the sweet spot this past week as I have not eaten heaps and have felt full after a smaller amount of food. I have been able to stop myself from overeating due to this feeling. I have felt great!!

I baked a cheescake for a work xmas party the other day and usually I would have licked the bowl eaten bits of chocolate etc as I went and I didn't even feel like it this time!! That head stuff wasn't there! I hope it lasts :cursing:

I love my doc too he is very caring and his motto is don't deny yourself things. I don't want you to feel like you are on a diet, just make healthy food choices (luckily I did this to the most part beforehand I just ate too much of it!). So I have been! Every now and then I do have that chocolate or that slice of cake or that packet of chips, I don't want to feel wrong if I do or that I made a poor choice, I just make sure that it is in moderation!

I feel so much happier in myself (and yeah it could be the season). I've admitted to myself that the last few years were really tough, I probably was somewhat depressed and really unhappy with myself. A few weeks ago (I think when I started to feel more attractive again, not just as the fat chick) I made a conscious choice to enjoy life a bit more. So I have been going out for the Friday drinks after work, trying to catch up with people more and generally making an effort. And I feel so much better!

When I have told those who know what I have had done that I have lost 20kgs and that I hope to lose at least that again, they can't believe it (even mum). I get the "but you are looking great you don't need to lose that much surely!! You'd be too skinny!!" I laugh now. Well that is my goal but I will see how I go and how I look, but personally I would like to be at the higher end of the normal BMI and that means at least a 45kg weightloss overall!

I HEART MY BAND!!!

Hey everyone is doing great. We are all almost half way to goal.

Feeling good after that third fill. liquid for a few days. I am craving salads isn't that funny. I always love them and trying new ones.

I got some baby spinich, and some crumbled blue cheese, some whole walnuts and dried cranberries.

I also got some nice no calorie dressing, by Waldon Farms. Balsamic vinagarette. It's really good with a little added Splenda for sweetness.

That will be my dinner tomorrow I think.

I could live on salads.

Good Morning,

As always I am a day off in my weigh in. First I want to say Congratulations!!!!! to everyone for keeping up with the dropping of those lbs during this difficult season full of fun foods. I had a follow up with my doctor this week and there was no need for a fill yet, he thinks I am dropping slow enough, so I was happy about that. I am hoping to hit that 70lb loss by Christmas! :rolleyes2: However, I am down 3.5lbs this week and hoping to drop a little more next week! Good Luck everyone! Have a wonderful week. :cursing: