Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Hi ALL!!! I have a question.:help: :help: okay I was banded on the 16th and yesterday and today i have laughed and laughed and my big wond is hard :omg: not like hard hard but like when you, your friend watever are pregnant and you feel there tummy and there is a hand or something there its hard. :) i don't know if its beacause i have been laughing so hard. it doesn't hurt just hard. anyone have an answer? :cry

Hello Everyone! Just knowing all of you guys are on the forum gave me strength and encouragement. I have my band placed on 11/2 in TJ with Dr. Huacuz. My pre-op diet was not as disciplined as I could have been. I was having so many last suppers it was almost a spiritual moment. But I did get 4 days liquid and the last 24 hours Water. The Dr. stated it really helped me from suffering from gas pains afterwards. The surgery was performed a few hours later due to the trouble they had getting an IV into me. Its was a rolling and collasping thing. The next morning I felt like I did 1000 sit-up in an upper ab tightness. They offered Jello, juice, yogert and tea. None of which looked appetizing. But the second day was better. And the third was even better yet. I'm home and starting to learn how to eat (sip) again.

Again, I want to thank everyone for all that I have read and learned by you going before me. I feel like I was given a second chance to dance, and live life. Life that I so long ago thought was lost to me. CJay

CJay, congrats on your successful banding!! I just had mine done on Wednesday, and I am already doing great like you! I had a similiar experience in the hospital, but mine was with the breathing tube. But since then I have done well, and I give so much credit to this forum and all I have learned here. I love how you phrased your last thought: about dancing and living life again. I understand completely!! Keep posting and sharing your progress, it helps us all! :clap2:

Karen

Claudia, hang in there! You're on your way. This is the beginning of a beautiful journey for you. I also reside in San Diego and was banded Nov. of last year. If you need anything, feel free to contact me at this email address kat72@cox.net. Remember, we are all rooting for you! :)

Before I found CA bb :) I am just south of San Jose and was hoping to find

a local support in my town or area. I'm in Hollister and would love to not

have to drive but will if I have to.

I'm going to go reading now and see if I can get more info...I'm not due for

banding until Feb. 2007

Thanks

Denise

Hi Denise,

I saw your post and wanted to let you know about a few groups in your area. In person support( banding) is at Good Sam Hospital in SJ and it is led by Dana Shroeder , she has bypass and her daughter is banded and she is VERY good , the group is on the large side and pre ops are very welcome. Also e-groups are SantaCruzwls@yahoogroups.com has both bypass and banding and BayBandsters@yahoogroups.com I know several bandsters from your area , I was banded at Stanford on 05 , even though I live in Sacramento area.

Where will your surgery be?

Best wishes!!!

Donna Q.

I'll be done at Fremont Kaiser. It's cool to have others in our area to talk

with. I'm not sure if Kaiser will allow the on line support as "support" or if

I will be reqiured to attend actual meetings. They want something for sure

and so do I :)

I look forward to getting to know you all here.

Thanks again,

Denise

I'm so glad you have found others in your area.... You are lucky!! Now, is there ANYONE out there from the Ventura County area?? That's where I am, and it sure would be nice to have a "live" support group here!!

Karen

Denise,

Check with the bay bandster at Yahoo to see if they know of more in face groups besides the San Jose group , I bet they do , I think they try to get together once a month for lunch or walk etc... maybe that will count. Alo Kaiser may have a group , especially if they require participation in one.

VERY exciting times for you!!!

Karen: I would call all the WLsurgeons in Ventura or surounding areas and see if they offer banding support , also go to all the yahoo banding groups and ask there . Try Dr. Helmuth Billy , see if he has a group. Good luck!! there has to be tons of bandsters in a large area like that!!!

Donna Q.

Thank you, Donna. You are right, I should call Dr. Billy's office or the hospitals to see if there is a support group, but since my insurance made me go to Orange County to have my banding, I think I would feel kind of like an outsider at the local support group. That is why I was hoping to find people from this board that were local..... oh well, at least I do have this board! Thank you for the suggestion!!

Karen

Hi ,

just wondering if in the website or out of the website who ever is intrested in support group in San Diego we can make one. We can all share ideas and our experinces and give each other support and a great freindship is anyone is up to it let me know .

I have my surgery on 12/06/06 so wish you all luck with your journey .

and remember

2007 NEW YEAR NEW LIFE NEW US .. ;)

clau :clap2:

Karen,

I felt the same way as you about being an outsider but I was pleasantly surprised how supportive other bandsters are!! One of the bigest groups in the area is from one doc , but MANY people are from other hospitals and Mexico. The group we have formed here that is just banding patients has grown from 5 to 30 from docs all over the world.( by word of mouth , internet )

When I go for fill at Stanford 4 hours away I stay most of the day so I can meet the other banding patients and we exchange e-mails and keep in touch , we have even made our own yahoo group.We all need support , this journey can be so frustrating!!!!

I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary and there have been times that I have been very discouraged , over all the band has been a blessing and I swear they will have to take it out of me kicking and screaming!!!!!

Donna Q.