Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Guest Sew N Sew

Hello all, Iam in Sacramento, Ca. Not banded yet...anyone here?

:welcome2: Landgtino!

I'm in Ventura County, and not banded yet, either. Do you have a date yet or are you like me, waiting for all the hoops to jump through before my insurance will approve me? I have found so much enthusiasm on these boards and it makes me more anxious for the surgery. I hope you find the same thing here, also! Let us know more about your process!

Karen

Guest Sew N Sew

:welldoneclap: Hi Karen, I have not been banded yet, just starting the process, and now I find out our insurance will be changing. So Iam going through all the required meetings, forms etc..We will have the same Ins. till Oct.15. If things move fast maybe I can get it done. But will the new Ins. work with what I've had done? AWho knows...just take it as it comes..The support here is great, so happy I found it before surg. Iam in Sacto. Take care, Gael:biggrin1:

Gael, let me know if you can switch the required visits, meetings, forms, etc. to the new insurance. That sure would make it easier for you, and maybe for me if I have to either switch or go self-pay. I have heard that some things are switchable, others are not. Good luck in getting banded before October 15th!! Let us know how things are going!

Karen

Hey guys! Getting banded Sept 28 by Dr. Ortiz in TJ, and am glad to find such a great group :couch2: I'm trying to be a good girl and do all of my homework... I live in Northern CA (Sonoma County), and am looking for someone more local to maybe do my fills or an urgent unfill if needed. Can anyone offer any suggestions and info on pricing?

I'd be fine with anywhere in the Bay Area or Sacto. I can go back to TJ and do a fill with fluoro for $225 (including the flight), so I'm trying to find something safe and hopefully around that price. I called LAPSF, and they quoted me $300 for the fill + $200 for fluoro... $500 seems really expensive to me, but what do you all think?

Guest Sew N Sew

Hi all,

Iam in Sacramento!!! Thats up north farther than I've seen so far here. Anyone in my neck of the woods??

Hi , I am new to the board and live in the San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles. I am just getting info on Drs in the area...Dr Arnatt and Dr. Paya....any info? thanks! :girl_hug:

Hi , I am new to the board and live in the San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles. I am just getting info on Drs in the area...Dr Arnatt and Dr. Paya....any info? thanks! :girl_hug:

Hi Witteegurl, I am in the Ventura County area. Dr. Helmut Billy is the best around, and has offices not only here but in other areas of So. California. You can probably access his info via the internet, or look in your phone book. Unfortunately, I can't use him because my insurance company will only authorize Dr. Laport in Fountain Valley! It is a very long drive for me, and I am currently in the evaluation and diet pre-band phase. Good luck and let me know if I can help you in any way!

Karen

Thank you L8Bloom :) I am going to a seminar on Monday at Northridge Weight Center. I see a lot of people mention that Dr Billy Is good. Since I will self pay basically there is not waiting after the first doctors appt I am told.

Karen (my name too!)

:)Karen, That is great news about your seminar! I wish I could handle being self-pay, so that I could have more options and pick Dr. Billy :cry Good for you!! Let us know how it goes and what you think of the Northridge Weight Center. Good luck!

Karen (2)

Hi IckiVicki, I am in Canyon Hills near Cayon Lake. A couple of us meet once in a while...two come from Murrieta. If you would like I can let you know the next time so you can join us.